Dolphin browser is killer but...

Jklsr55

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I have never been a fan of Firefox. Needing flash I tried Dolphin and it is the best browser I have tried yet. But whenever I load Yahoo it freezes and crashes??? Why Yahoo?? Save that little glitch it rules. I watch video on the pbs.org site. Firefox would play the flash videos but it was very unstable. Dolphin plays them like they own PBS... The Yahoo thing has me baffled however... Thoughts?

Jeff Legg
Rabid HOX and GN7 Fan
Montana, USA

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
yahoo allows its advertisers to use loads of those advanced "floating dimension" flash ads which seem to erupt out of the frames of the site. This is probably what is causing the stability issues and crashing.

enix316

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Ad blocker app maybe.

I use dolphin almost exclusively and never had the issue you describe. I just tried yahoo.com which redirected to m.yahoo.com but it loaded fast with no issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I like Dolphin, but I love the text wrap option on Opera. For some strange reason my Opera has become unstable. Does anyone know a browser that has text wrap?

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Full dolphin browser has flash disabled. If you try to enable in settings you will get the special " flashplayer not supported in JB" message.

I just went to yahoo.com and was able to view the ridiculous floating dimension flash truck ad using Firefox without a crash.

Suggest that you try the flash routine that I posted in the sticky above. I have tested it on multiple sites and it has continued to work in Firefox.

If you want to test your flashplayer I recommend trying these sites:

monoface

We Choose the Moon: Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Lunar Landing

Jklsr55

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Is that activia scroll banner on tons of eBay pages the type flash you think might be giving me trouble? You nailed my issue if so. I tried an ad blocker and no good. How do I open the sticky you were talking about?

Jeff Legg
Rabid HOX and GN7 Fan
Montana, USA

treotimAC

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe you can use flash in Dolphin. To view PBS.org videos in Dolphin you need to switch to iPhone user agent in settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Is that activia scroll banner on tons of eBay pages the type flash you think might be giving me trouble? You nailed my issue if so. I tried an ad blocker and no good. How do I open the sticky you were talking about?

Jeff Legg
Rabid HOX and GN7 Fan
Montana, USA

My post from the flash sticky at the top of the forum:
Just got my N7 last week (end of November). Updated to JB 4.2.1 a few days later.
This is what finally worked for me. I used the full Firefox browser from the play store. If you already have Firefox installed, uninstall it first.
1. Download flashplayer 11.1.115.12 apk (the 4.0.x 11.1.115.17 release did not work)
2. Sideload the apk from your favorite file explorer app (I use ES File Explorer). If you downloaded the apk using a browser on your nexus 7 then you will find it in the download folder.
3. Install Firefox (not the beta)
4. Start the flashplayer app, choose to open with Firefox
5. Select local storage option and choose " only the sites I visit." (If you get only a blank page at this step then quit Firefox and try step 4 again.)
6. In the Firefox settings menu select plugins and then enable.
7. Navigate to a site with flash to test it out
8. ?
9. Profit