SwiftKey Flow Beta

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with the Swiftkey Flow Beta on their Nexus 7? (I am unable to download the dictionary for some reason).

Which version are you using: Tablet or Phone? I have SwiftKey 3 Phone version on my Nexus 7 and it works just fine for me... I am hoping to give the Flow Tablet version a shot if I can set it up.

I've been saying for awhile now that SwiftKey is my favorite keyboard, I am just such a fan of swiping that I have not used it in favor of Swype (on my phone) and Swype Beta (on my Nexus 7).

• Is anyone else having issues installing it on their Nexus 7?
  • What are the differences between Phone and Table versions on the Nexus 7?

guinnessnz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
On the Swiftkey Flow site is says that "Flowing is currently more suited to small and medium screen devices. It is available in both portrait and landscape mode on phones. On tablets, Flow is only available in portrait mode for now."

I've just downloaded the phone version to the Nexus 7, and the dictionary took 4 attempts before downloading. This also happened when I tried to download to my Galxy Nexus.

I've noticed that the Swiftkey Flow works while in portrait mode, but when I change to landscape the 'flow' is no longer available. This probably makes sense, and I guess is as designed.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I was able to download the dictionary on my phone... but still not on my Nexus 7 :(

I saw a couple screen shots over at XDA, the tablet version has a split keyboard in landscape mode, and is swipe-less at that point. I'll have to give that a shot, but I have a feeling that the phone version is what I will want on they N7.

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I was finally able to download it on my N7 about two hours ago and have been loving it. I was able to download it to my One X this morning right away so I'm wondering if the servers just got slammed. In any case, this thing rocks. A bit bummed that my stats didn't carry over so it is relearning but that shouldn't take too long.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the tablet version without any issues. It's working good so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I finally got it now too. I am surprised how much I like the landscape mode... even without Flow (which is great in portrait so far)

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
First time I'm hearing about this so I downloaded it and I really like it, more so then the Google version. Do you guys prefer this one over the Google swipe keyboard now?

One question, has anyone figured out how to add words to the dictionary on the fly or does it automatically do that as you type words that aren't stored already?

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Flow uses the same method of learning that plain SwiftKey uses...its prediction is insane. Love it!

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Flow uses the same method of learning that plain SwiftKey uses...its prediction is insane. Love it!

Yeah no kidding, I'm into reef tanks and it already predicts scientific names of fish species. Google swype couldn't even predict "reef".

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The dictionary seemed rather lacking at first, but it has been getting b better the more I use it.

I opted to get the tablet version, since I prefer the split keyboard in landscape mode.