How do I save the manual proxy settings on my Nexus 7 - 2012?

Gary Shevell

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Can't save manual proxy serttings (Nexus 7 - 2012)

My work place has a hidden wireless network which access the internet through a proxy. When setting up my nexus 7 to connect to this network, I cannot seem to save my manual proxy settings in the advanced options section. In fact, the button to save will not even activate to allow me to press it. Clearly I'm missing something, but can't seem to figure out what it is. If I cannot set this up, my Nexus 7 will be pretty much useless at work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

asadthelion

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't save manual proxy serttings

I have the same problem. I can't understand why, when you check Advanced Settings and enter a proxy, the Save button becomes unhighlighted. I opened my N7 at work and it happened right out of the box. When I took it home, accessed my home network and it updated to 4.2 it still didn't fix it. I don't want an iPad but I may not have a choice if this isn't resolved.

Gary Shevell

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

I was able to resolve this issue:

instead of inputting the http:// proxyaddress, input the content engine proxy (it looks like an IP address). Ask your IT person for this number. It looks something like this (10.251.68.80). When I input this number, the Android let me save the settings and it worked!

i3enners

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

I had this. it was because there was a space after the proxy server because the keyboard had autocorrected it. check for spaces

James Haynes

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

ok, i thought there was a problem with the proxy settings screen also.. i tried for two freaking days to get the save button to not be greyed out.

when you select advanced options, you will fill out the bottom part with the proxy address and the port. for giggles, i filled in the bypass address with wwwDOTnothingDOTcom (it keeps autocorrecting my address, i dont want it to link it cause the address was crap anyways) and still the button was greyed out...

so i scroll back up and see the password section. it says (unchanged) so i assumed it was fine, but i went ahead and put in the passwrod after putting in the proxy and VIOLA! boom goes the dynamite.

now it works like a charm. very counterintuitive to put (unchanged) when it should say (put in password) or something a little more obvious than (unchanged)..

i only logged back into this site and created and account to tell Jimmy De Taeye how i made it fly.

best wishes,
James :p

MarkWilhelm

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm on 4.4.2 (Nexus 10) and did the same things (IP and password combo's) as listed here - and NOTHING. No save button, no nothing. Seems this is not only counter-intuitive but not working.

EDIT:
By not putting in the "http://" AND not putting in any "/" (my company has a script item at the end of the proxy), I was able to get the "Save" button. Slashes seems to disable the button. However, the manual proxy doesn't work for me due to the extra stuff my company puts at the end. Works in my desktop browser, but not on Android.

Any thoughts how I can get around this?

Last edited:

Davo124

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

I hav just bought 8 samsung galaxy tablets with android 4.2.2.
I have tried all of your suggestions. I can connect to my internet with a strong signal strength but cannot access advanced settings to add my works proxy.
I tap my server, go to modify network config, tick "show advanced" options and type in my password where it says "unchanged" when I tap save, the windo closes and I am back to seeing my wi fi networks.
Tried for two days to fix this. Calling Samsung and my workplace IT support. So far no luck.
This is so frustrating!!

Robby Ford

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

Yo ppl!
Solution is very simple for bypass proxy field: Don't use dots!! ex: not "facebook.com" but "facebook" etc.

Praveen Parmar

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

Thanks a lot man.for this help..now proxy working.....:) :D

- - - Updated - - -

ok, i thought there was a problem with the proxy settings screen also.. i tried for two freaking days to get the save button to not be greyed out.

when you select advanced options, you will fill out the bottom part with the proxy address and the port. for giggles, i filled in the bypass address with wwwDOTnothingDOTcom (it keeps autocorrecting my address, i dont want it to link it cause the address was crap anyways) and still the button was greyed out...

Than
so i scroll back up and see the password section. it says (unchanged) so i assumed it was fine, but i went ahead and put in the passwrod after putting in the proxy and VIOLA! boom goes the dynamite.

now it works like a charm. very counterintuitive to put (unchanged) when it should say (put in password) or something a little more obvious than (unchanged)..

i only logged back into this site and created and account to tell Jimmy De Taeye how i made it fly.
Thanks a lot man.for this help..now proxy working..... :) :) :D
best wishes,
James :p

fccrous

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I had the same problem and I'm running Android 4.42. The only way I managed to get this working was by downloading "Wifi Manager" and maintaining the proxy settings with this application.

Even the first time I tried connecting to our work wifi, this was the only application that allowed me to connect.

gsawiris

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I had the same problem and I'm running Android 4.42. The only way I managed to get this working was by downloading "Wifi Manager" and maintaining the proxy settings with this application.

Even the first time I tried connecting to our work wifi, this was the only application that allowed me to connect.

thanks this is the only thing that works. this is another android bug that needs fixing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz