Can we start a petition for Mirror cast functionality or something? A huge issue for us

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how the rest of AC feels about the lack of video out, but I know that it'll be a sweet implementation for all of us Nexus 7 users and supporters.

I feel like we should have some type of response from Google. Even if its not possible, at least let us know. That is the goal of this posting,. MAYBE, they, the Android team would read this an address this query.

What do you all feel about this topic?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mikesnexus

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I have so many options other than my tablet available to me that I really don't miss video out at all.
My tablet is more of a consumption device than anything.
Worse comes to worse and I need video out, I just use my phone which is always with me.
Granted I could see others needing this, but for myself I just don't have much use for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I understand that most phones have some type of Video of option, but I think leaving Nexus out of the loop, I think is messed up. I'm getting a Note2 soon, so I doubt it'll be a problem. But what if I want Content to play on the TV for my family and have my phone in my hand to check the android forums app or my Reader? That's the predicament

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine that either:

a) they're already working on it

or

b) as rumored, the N7's wireless hardware won't support it

Molepox

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
If a chitab can mirror, why can't the N7? As a visually-impared person I'd find the ability to see the N7 content on a large screen very useful.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I understand that most phones have some type of Video of option, but I think leaving Nexus out of the loop, I think is messed up. I'm getting a Note2 soon, so I doubt it'll be a problem. But what if I want Content to play on the TV for my family and have my phone in my hand to check the android forums app or my Reader? That's the predicament

How about using your Nexus 7 to do check the forums or your Reader, you could even use Tablet Talk to SMS while your phone it's hooked up to the tv, I guess there'll be a bit of a problem if you want to go out though.

But for not much more than the cost of a Miracast receiver you could but one of those cheap Android sticks that plug into the hdmi port on your tv.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463