Nexus 7 dock, live and in color!

qwick

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice, looks like quality construction.. nice full rubber bottom so it sticks where you put it. Can't wait to buy one of these in the US.

The unboxer however, ugh. Worst music ever, shaky cam, and how about ummmm.................. putting a freaking Nexus 7 in the acutal dock??

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
If you are "connected" to Google in any way, please talk some sense into them and let them know that we deserve accessories ASAP.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
What are the chances that this will only work with the current generation N7 and not next year's model? Pretty good, I'd suspect.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hate to be a buzz kill here but I will wait until I see some actual specifications.
If all it does is send power and audio through the pogo pins, I have a wonderful Blurex case that props up my N7 for $14.99.
If it adds additional microUSB functionality like miracast mirroring or better OTG support, then it will be totally worth it.

I guess the ease of docking the pogo vs plugging in a microUSB cable is a draw, but not enough to make my christmas.

EDIT: Just debating myself here, but having the dock ported to my home stereo via the 3.5mm audio jack would be a convenient set up.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What are the chances that this will only work with the current generation N7 and not next year's model? Pretty good, I'd suspect.

What "next year's model"?

If it adds additional microUSB functionality like miracast mirroring or better OTG support, then it will be totally worth it.

Miracast has nothing to do with the microUSB (that's kind of the whole point of miracast - it's wireless.) I'd say OTG support is likely, though.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hate to be a buzz kill here but I will wait until I see some actual specifications.
If all it does is send power and audio through the pogo pins, I have a wonderful Blurex case that props up my N7 for $14.99.

I guess the ease of docking the pogo vs plugging in a microUSB cable is a draw, but not enough to make my christmas.

EDIT: Just debating myself here, but having the dock ported to my home stereo via the 3.5mm audio jack would be a convenient set up.

The way I look at it, one of the issues I have using OTG is that you can't charge at the same time. So, I have to stop watching videos to recharge. With the dock, it will charge via the pogo pins, so I can watch videos from a flash drive and not worry about running out of battery.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The way I look at it, one of the issues I have using OTG is that you can't charge at the same time. So, I have to stop watching videos to recharge. With the dock, it will charge via the pogo pins, so I can watch videos from a flash drive and not worry about running out of battery.

Keep in mind there is a chance that the 2 connectors (pogo & microUSB) are on the same controller, and it may only support using one or the other, not both, at any given time. We will have to see. That would be an excellent thing for OTG use if it does let you use both.

philba

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how OTG will work with just 4 pins on the pogo pin port.

I'd be happy with charging and audio in the dock.

Oh, and yes, that sound track is utterly ridiculous. Plus, I would have liked to see the doc actually in use. It does look like a 3.5mm jack on the back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac