Enabling voice navigation in Google maps

barry_g

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a setting somewhere to turn on/off voice navigation in Google maps? I was in navigate mode and could see all the directions on the screen but didn't hear any spoken directions.

Thanks for any help.

kleigh100

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Found it! Used the "quick navigation technique." Pick the place on the map until the red pin shows up, then press and hold the car (navigate) icon in the lower right corner. The voice scared the bejesus out of me.

Mubinfaiz

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
This reply is very late but i am sure this will help other users. By default in some phones under navigation settings, play voice over Bluetooth is activated. Switch it off. This worked for me. Make sure the voice is turned on. Unmute. Change voice level to louder.

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I am also unable to hear voice navigation over bluetooth while listening to the Audible app, and only in my truck (and my last truck, and the truck i looked at buying, and my wife's car).

Interestingly enough, i do not have the option to Play voice over bluetooth, nor do i have the option to silence voice commands. These options were removed over time through various updates to Maps. The only solution i have found is to carry an external bluetooth speaker and connect to it instead of in-dash stereo.

I wish google would fix this. But i am also smart enough to know that google doesn't care / won't bother.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon