WILL THERE BE AN N7 2 AND WHEN AND WILL IT HAVE A rear CAMERA?

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Its a great little tablet but all it needs is a decent rear camera. I know many dont care about a rear camera but the form factor of the device s perfect for one, not like the mac mini which is a bit too large to carry around for photo purposes.

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the iPad mini the same size? The screen is bigger but the actual form factor was the same, as far as I could tell.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Nope. The iPad mini is larger in size and imho less comfortable to fold for a "mini" tablet. That's partially because it has almost no bezel on the sides, which looks awesome, but sacrifices ergonomics.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I certainly hope so. I would love a rear camera, although in honesty I probably wouldn't use it that often. I'd also like to see some small improvements throughout, consistent with newer display and processor technology. Basically, I don't think this tablet needs drastic overhauls. Just a nice update at the one year mark.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I really want at least a camera that hooks on to the back, that's not too bulky, that would connect to the micro-USB port. Sometimes I really want to take pictures, but can't due to the lack of no rear camera.

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Since owning my N7, I've never had the urge to want a camera on the back. I think the current model is great for what it was built for. If they do make a N7 2, They really can't make too many improvements while staying in the current price point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I am not going to hold a 7 inch tablet up to take a picture when I have a perfect razr maxx with a good rear camera and wont look awkward holding it up to take a pic.

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope. The iPad mini is larger in size and imho less comfortable to fold for a "mini" tablet. That's partially because it has almost no bezel on the sides, which looks awesome, but sacrifices ergonomics.

I had no issues when I handled it, especially with how light it was. My phone isn't that light lol. Too bad the screen isn't HD.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
a tablet is whatever you make of it, and there are a plethora of apps that benefit form rear cams. for starters, every camera app. then stuff like smart tools, PDF scanners, note apps if you want to save/snap/annotate notes to pics, etc. not having a rear cam limits its potential for versatility, but I don't think they have any plans to add one on--I think their reasoning is, most people have smartphones anyways, and smartphone cams would be a hell of a lot better than any small thing they stuck on the N7.

I don't know if releasing new models will be an annual thing, a biannual thing, or if they'll just design something else from scratch in the future. Either way, I think it's safe to say we won't see any new N7's on the market for a good few months at least.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The whole idea with the Nexus 7 is to compete on price with other sub-$200 tablets. Amazon set the pace last year with the intro of the OG Fire. There's not going to be a RFC on the N7.

If I want to take a photo, I use my phone. I have seen people attempt to use a tablet to take a photo/video. It's very comical. :)

CJREX

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
For me personally, the one big thing that would put this tablet over the top is a MicroSD slot. I would use it FAR more than any camera.

I know it will never happen since Google wants you to use their cloud, but it would make the tablet so much more functional.

And no, I don't want to walk around with a parasite OTG cable hanging out the bottom like a high tech hemmorhoid.

philba

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree, a microSD slot would make this a much better product. Though it really should be a microSDXC slot.

A rear facing camera would be nice but not a deal breaker for me. Yes, there are lots of apps beyond a simple camera. The addition of a camera would make the N7 a great tablet for school work. My kid's school gives out iPads and the camera does get a fair amount of use for things like labs.

I'd like better speakers but in the form factor, that might well be impossible.

But, keep the $200 price point.

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Price - Quality - Speed..... Pick any two....:confused:

I think the speaker volume would be fine if they were front facing, as apposed to the rear ones it has....

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The whole idea with the Nexus 7 is to compete on price with other sub-$200 tablets. Amazon set the pace last year with the intro of the OG Fire. There's not going to be a RFC on the N7.

If I want to take a photo, I use my phone. I have seen people attempt to use a tablet to take a photo/video. It's very comical. :)

I disagree, the N7 is not at all too big and awkward to be used a rear camera device for pics or vids. It is a prefect size to me. I would rather use the N7 than a SLR, nor would I care what someone else thinks/feels about my use of any device to take a picture or video. Also, not everyone has a smart phone....or for that matter a decent camera on a cell phone.

I would gladly pay more for a high end rear facing camera (i never use the front one). This rear cam would be more satisfying to me then a memory card slot. I think I am not the only one in this category as well. Everyone uses devices differently....and because the N7 is so special in that regards.....it allows for so many different possible uses. ;)

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully never.

Tablets weren't made for taking pictures, that's what stand alone cameras and phones are for.

I personally don't want an unnecessary feature like a rear camera on a Nexus 7 especially if it's going to make it more expensive.

josh6113

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I've run into many times when I would of liked a camera on my nexus 7 but personally I'd like MIMO wireless.Would make for a much stronger signal...just my 2 cents...:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully never.

Tablets weren't made for taking pictures, that's what stand alone cameras and phones are for.

I personally don't want an unnecessary feature like a rear camera on a Nexus 7 especially if it's going to make it more expensive.

Tablets, like everything else, were made to make money. So if the customer doesn't want a camera, no camera because the customers always right. If the customer wants a camera, then add camera because.......

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
new processor. more ppi.

camera - only if it is the same one used in the S3.

true dual stereo speakers as found on the ipad would seal the deal...

keep the same form factor.

I would rather have better sound quality than a camera, but that is just my opinion.
BTW. ever notice some apps have great sound quality. think asphalt 7, where as temple run is almost quiet as a church.. Isn't there an underlying API that can unify this mess?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Tablets, like everything else, were made to make money. So if the customer doesn't want a camera, no camera because the customers always right. If the customer wants a camera, then add camera because.......

Google doesn't want a rear camera on the Nexus 7 and that's exactly why I'm a Nexus 4 owner so you are right. If I wanted something with a rear camera I would have looked elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781