Failing to update to 4.2. from 4.1.2 (JZO54K to JOP40C)

13Ink

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The device is stock.
Update fails and gives the error .

assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC:/dev/b lock/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by -name/LNX:5013504:c48f8e86c73f b2c2ba1794f5ec98e27c9e206ed5:5 060608:319331fae14fec8a8806375 1475fce26bae328e0")

Tried restoring factory settings,downloading manually,clearing data from google services framework to force push the update over and over again.
When receiving OTA update, it starts fine and at about 1/3 of the update the android falls on its side and has a red triangle with an exclamation point on it. If I boot to recovery from that it shows me the error mentioned above, same as trying to sideload through adb.
In need of advice or should I just go return the damn thing and get a new one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

13Ink

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter. Got a Nexus just to get the latest version of android, I don't care if it screws something up. I want it ffs.

13Ink

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Not from the US so the call might get a bit expensive. I guess I'll call the places tech support where I got the tablet from and ask what to do cuz I'm out of ideas.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Not from the US so the call might get a bit expensive. I guess I'll call the places tech support where I got the tablet from and ask what to do cuz I'm out of ideas.

Depending on your country, Google may have a more local number. Check their website. They also have support via email.

Warren Christiansen

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't bother with Google support. They told me to return it or call Asus.
I've seen this problem all over the web.
I bought 2, one for my wife & one for me.
One has this problem, the other does not. Otherwise, both work great.
Another support message I read said it was from a guy with loads of them to support for a company & estimated 70% with this problem.
Hardware? software? Nobody knows.
Asus not responding today, but Nexus is not even listed on their support page.

Last edited:

68laurieann

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine and got a refund yesterday. I owned it less than a week. It wasn't worth the hassle to do troubleshooting over the phone for me. I just want it working correctly out of the box. The Office Depot Manager looked at me like I was an alien when I tried to explain the issue. I guess I should have expected that when he asked me "What is OTA?" I was just happy I got out of there without having to pay a restocking fee or being forced to do an exchange.