Internal Storage and Astro File Manager

Pembar

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I download a lot of youtube videos which I then convert and upload manually to the Nexus. On my blackberry I would just plug it in and the SD-Card will pop up as a drive and I can just navigate to the directory on windows to copy the files there. Using the Nexus 7 tablet I managed to copy the files to the Internal Storage on the Nexus 7 /download folder. What baffles me is that when I create some directories using the Astro File manager, they don't show up on windows when plugged into my laptop. I tried refreshing and it doesn't show up either.

It doesn't seem like the Astro File Manager and the Internal Storage folder on windows when plugged in are synced together. Is this normal? And how should I go about syncing them up? Thanks.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I download a lot of youtube videos which I then convert and upload manually to the Nexus. On my blackberry I would just plug it in and the SD-Card will pop up as a drive and I can just navigate to the directory on windows to copy the files there. Using the Nexus 7 tablet I managed to copy the files to the Internal Storage on the Nexus 7 /download folder. What baffles me is that when I create some directories using the Astro File manager, they don't show up on windows when plugged into my laptop. I tried refreshing and it doesn't show up either.

It doesn't seem like the Astro File Manager and the Internal Storage folder on windows when plugged in are synced together. Is this normal? And how should I go about syncing them up? Thanks.

There are a couple of things going on here. One is that there is a phantom folder structure on the N7 now for multiple users. The second is that Astro File Manager's default view is not conducive to displaying things like Windows Explorer does.

The quick fix is to download and use another file manager like ES File Explorer, X-plore, or File Expert where the default view more closely resembles what you are used to. There is no reason why you can not have more than one of these kinds of apps available at the same time.

Another thing you can do is route your files into more appropriate storage locations; the default folder for videos is \Movies and there are default folders names \Books, \Music, \Pictures, etc.

ES File Explorer https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...5lc3Ryb25ncy5hbmRyb2lkLnBvcCJd&token=3HEBEzjh
X-Plore https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s.Xplore&feature=search_result&token=fPf-ID1e..
etc.

You might also want to try out AirDroid which lets you control such things entirely from a browser page on your PC.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...airdroid&feature=search_result&token=u3-cVLNX.

Pembar

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The other thing I like having with Astro is that I am able to create a widget / shortcut directly to the directory I like. I can't seem to find the corresponding widget ES File Explorer, maybe I'm missing something?

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The other thing I like having with Astro is that I am able to create a widget / shortcut directly to the directory I like. I can't seem to find the corresponding widget ES File Explorer, maybe I'm missing something?

Load ES File Explorer, long press on the folder/file you want to create a shortcut to and select "Shortcut".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums