Got my NEXUS 7!!

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
This December has been interesting! Been saving up all year for something cool tech wise - had a few thousand dollars :)

However I ended up with some medical bills and lose almost all my money :'(

Spent what I had left on an ipad 3rd gen....but it was a lemon and I sent it back......didn't want to go through the hassle of repairs as I was fed up.

Checked out a few tablets here and there - was hoping for the nexus 7 but the 199$ was sold out - and I felt very iffy ordering anything online again (after the ipad hassle)

so a sad sento and my dad went browsing in the mall....and we stopped Walmart - and WOW they had the nexus 7 32 gb...yeah it was 249 full price - but I didn't mind....i decided to buy it! and i tell yeah this thing is awesome - it met all my expectations and even my dad loves it!

I am disappointed that it doesn't have a rear camera....anyone else? but who cares - it was meant for me, it chose me like harry potters wand chose him...and i shall treasure it!

so yeah life is tough, but every once in a while it throws you a break...still gotta lotta tension with financial issues (medical bills, insurance over payments - etc) but just trying to take it one day at a time, focus on the present - and taking things as they come and what I can do right NOW.

teefal

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy yourself with it ... It's a quality machine. I love mine too. Happy holidays!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy yourself with it ... It's a quality machine. I love mine too. Happy holidays!

thanks!

whats this I'm hearing that if you let the battery go under 20% it turns off and goes into a boot loop?

Mattap

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Has not happened to me. My nexus drained all the way down and no problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
To answer your question about the camera, I gave my son and grandson each an N7 32GB (I already had one), and neither one of them or myself miss the rear camera. Actually, I have no use for the camera that it has.

Mikesnexus

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't focus on what it can't do. But what it can do!
Loving mine from day one and only thing I don't really like is the speakers. Nice set of headphones, problem solved.

From my device to yours

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear you are happy with you n7. I like mine, but it is kind of glitchy compared to my iPad. Most of the issues I have are related to WiFi switching from access points.

Regarding the rear camera I never use the one on my iPad, so I can't imagine using one on the n7

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Which app is a good replacement for the "play movie and TV" App? I'm guessing that's the video player but I hate all the suggestions and the way it.is. I'd like a App that works on n7 that can play avi, MPEG and etc...

As for the music.player mine came loaded with a bunch of "free music" can I just delete them? Do y'all like the music play App or would u recommend something else?
thanks

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Got a few of the N7s here as well. Just one question....how do you get to settings so screen rotates when you turn on side? I can't seem to find the proper setting.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Sento

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
should I update to 4.1.2? I feel scared in case it screws up or something...

Also, how is file managing when you plug it into a computer? On my Optimus V I would wipe the delete stuff on the SD card a lot, and I don't want to accidentally delete something on my n7 and have it stop working.

thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
should I update to 4.1.2? I feel scared in case it screws up or something...

Also, how is file managing when you plug it into a computer? On my Optimus V I would wipe the delete stuff on the SD card a lot, and I don't want to accidentally delete something on my n7 and have it stop working.

thanks
you mean 4.2.1?? I would say update it. the worst that could happen is you have to do a factory reset to fix issues.
better do it now than later when its ok to do a factory reset.

google updated to 4.2 and then they have an update to 4.2.1.

here is the first thing i did when i got my Nexus 4 and nexus 10.

connected to wifi but didn't login with my gmail id and password.
updated the software to latest(twice, there were two updates) factory reset it and then logged in as normal.
No issues what so ever so far.