Nexus 7 Play Store Stock Availability Notification System? Anyone?

colorend

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I've always been a big fan of Android, and Google too, so ever since the Nexus 7 was released, I always wanted it. It was pretty cheap, the perfect size for tablets in my opinion, the option of (8)/16/32 GB of storage space, a front camera (I don't need a rear camera, that's what phones are for), and the idea of a Google branded official device with updates as soon as they are released (I was devastated when HTC announced that they weren't going to update the Desire C to JB) was just an offer I couldn't refuse. I didn't have enough money, only ?40, and that was strictly set aside for Christmas presents and Jelly Belly jelly beans. Then, on the 3rd of December, it was my birthday and I got about ?145. Hurrah. Then it was Christmas (yay!) and aside from the many cookbooks, chocolate coins and other magnificent presents, I got ?40 in cash and ?20 in gift vouchers. My brother wanted the gift vouchers so I sold him them for ?20 :) and resulting in a grand total of ?205 :-$, but strictly speaking ?25 of that was a cheque which I need to get the cash for, but that doesn't really matter. I then realized that I had enough money for a Nexus 7 so I took to the Play Store like a flash to buy the 16GB Nexus 7 (I'm not buying the 32GB version cause I need to spare some money for a bluetooth keyboard) and then I noticed the message in big red letters just below the ?159.00. SOLD OUT it read. I was pretty woebegone as you can imagine, so I looked around to see if I could find it anywhere else at a similar price but alas, no, I couldn't. I was determined to get it from the Play Store, but I'm afraid that when it does com back in stock it'll go out of stock swiftly afterwards. Does anyone know any ways that I can be notified to see if it is back in stock? By having an email sent to me preferably, because I always check my emails (on my phone usually). Oh and thanks for reading through a 1760-character-long sob story :)

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
In my area, many stores are low on stock, if not out of stock.

Since I'm just taking a wild guess that you're in England, I would wait a week or so if you really want to get it through the play store. I doubt it will remain out of stock for much longer; ASUS hasn't had supply problems with the N7,so at the very least it won't be a N4 situation on our hands ;D

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
colorend, nobody else matches the Google Play price of ?159 for the 16Gb. Google can afford to subsidise it.

TBH, if it was me, I'd defer the keyboard for now and go for the 32Gb. IMHO it's much better value, and readily available from Play or the likes of Currys at ?199. Currys do free delivery, and deals on device+case. It's where I got mine.

AFAIK there's no facility for registering an interest and stock level notifications. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Last edited:

colorend

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
colorend, nobody else matches the Google Play price of ?159 for the 16Gb. Google can afford to subsidise it.

TBH, if it was me, I'd defer the keyboard for now and go for the 32Gb. IMHO it's much better value, and readily available from Play or the likes of Currys at ?199. Currys do free delivery, and deals on device+case. It's where I got mine.

AFAIK there's no facility for registering an interest and stock level notifications. Good luck, whatever you decide.

AFAIK Google Play has no facility for a "notify when in stock" email. Don't know about a third party monitoring app. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Ummmm, thanks for your help, but what do TBH, IMHO and AFAIK mean? And yeah I had heard of the ?20 cashback with a case but that deal ended pretty recently, quite frustratingly :/

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Android Central Forums

colorend

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
In my area, many stores are low on stock, if not out of stock.

Since I'm just taking a wild guess that you're in England, I would wait a week or so if you really want to get it through the play store. I doubt it will remain out of stock for much longer; ASUS hasn't had supply problems with the N7,so at the very least it won't be a N4 situation on our hands ;D

I hope not XD and thanks for your help! And thanks for replying really quickly too!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ummmm, thanks for your help, but what do TBH, IMHO and AFAIK mean? And yeah I had heard of the ?20 cashback with a case but that deal ended pretty recently, quite frustratingly :/

TBH = to be honest

IMHO = in my humble opinion

AFAIK = as far as I know

Sent from my SGSIII

colorend

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay I have found an app that looks pretty good that should notify me when the 16gb nexus 7 is back in stock, and pretty much everything else nexus-y too. And there's also something else on my mind too: at the bottom of the page it reads: 'All prices include VAT'. The phrase is a bit vague and leaves me wondering if ?159 already includes VAT or do I need to add 20% VAT (because that fascist george osbourne had to raise it to that percentage, didn't he) onto the ?159?

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay I have found an app that looks pretty good that should notify me when the 16gb nexus 7 is back in stock, and pretty much everything else nexus-y too. And there's also something else on my mind too: at the bottom of the page it reads: 'All prices include VAT'. The phrase is a bit vague and leaves me wondering if ?159 already includes VAT or do I need to add 20% VAT (because that fascist george osbourne had to raise it to that percentage, didn't he) onto the ?159?

Seems clear enough. The price includes VAT.