Did the Tapatalk HD beta just kill my Nexus 7? Black screen.

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed the Tapatalk HD Beta from the Play store this morning. Everything was going well, I was browsing a forum and all of a sudden the screen just went totally black. I can't get it to reset or respond at all. Long press power, nothing. I threw it on the charger and I can sort of see the backlighting come on but the screen remains black.

I tried Power + both vol buttons and nothing.

Stock 4.2.whatever was the latest. Not rooted, nothing custom ROM-wise.

Any tips? I'm fairly good with a command line if there's some sort of USB tricks I could try.

Thanks,
-Brett.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
That's strange. I'm running it on my N7 as well, but I'm on CM10.1. That shouldn't make a difference, though, as CM just adds to the stock build. Can you hard reset it? Hold down power+volume up+volume down at the same time until it shuts off, then power it back on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
That's strange. I'm running it on my N7 as well, but I'm on CM10.1. That shouldn't make a difference, though, as CM just adds to the stock build. Can you hard reset it? Hold down power+volume up+volume down at the same time until it shuts off, then power it back on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

At first I couldn't get it into recovery but after leaving it just sit on the charger for a while I was able to Power+Vol Up + Vol Down and it worked. I it down and now it's got the charging icon.

Maybe it just got drained and I didn't notice? Weird. At any rate, it looks like I might be on the right path.

Thanks,
-Brett.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781