wifi is killing my battery

MarisaMcAwesome

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got my nexus 7 for Christmas and so far I've noticed the battery life is awesome. Well today I downloaded frostwire and my battery was at like 50%. I wanted to download a song but didnt have time to make sure it downloaded correctly. A couple hours later I came back to my tablet and the battery was down to 16% and the WiFi icon at the top was indicating that it was using internet. I thought that was weird because nothing was downloading and I had only seen that icon if I was updating Facebook or something. Now its been about 5 hours and its still `downloading' something even though I've closed every app and even deleted frostwire. Is there any way to see what its trying to do and stop whatever that is??

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Settings > Apps > Running. Look through the list. Also, Settings > Battery, see what is using your battery.

MarisaMcAwesome

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
it says nothing is using it, but the little wifi icon on my statusbar says that it's receiving data, and i have NO idea what it's receiving. i also just tried resetting my tablet and it's still got the same problem. Whatever it's 'receiving' is completely draining my battery if my wifi is on.