How to transfer MVI/AVI videos to N7?

Little Squirt

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there some fairly easy way to transfer some video clips I took with my Canon digital cam. several years ago over to my N7 tablet? I got them on to the N7 but it wouldn't OPEN them on it. They are MVI - AVI type files.
I also tried using the free Cuda Video Converter program, but couldn't get that to work either, so uninstalled it. :-\

dave1nyc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Google "DVD Catalyst 4" (on tools4movies.com). I think it'll handle your files and the trial version lets you convert 20% of the full length and it's always on sale for $10. I had an issue with it when I was first using the trial and Mitch, the guy who wrote it and does tech support, is amazingly quick and responsive and gracious. Honestly, I can't believe how responsive he is even when you're just on the trial.

I use the default settings for the N7, and play the movies with MX Player. It's all no muss, no fuss for me.

PS: The file format DVDCatalyst selects for the N7 is .mp4 and I've left it at that.

Little Squirt

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks everyone! I ended up d/l the free "Dice Player" app from Google Play Store and it plays all of my .AVI videos very nicely now on my Nexus 7. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678