Facebook crashing when sharing Instant Upload photo

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've got an HOX and N7. I'll take photos from my phone, let them upload via Instant Upload (Google+) and will (or would like to) share them to Facebook via my tablet. The Facebook app does not see the Instant Upload album when I try to initiate it that way. I go to the Gallery, Instant upload folder and I have the option to share a pic to Facebook. As soon as I choose the pic and go, Facebook crashes.

On one hand, I was thinking it would be normal to act this way because the photo is not really on the N7, however, sharing the photo the same way, from the Gallery to other apps such as Instagram, Plume, etc... works just fine.

Can anyone else confirm if this issue occurs with them if they take a photo from their phone, share it among devices via Instant Upload, then try to share it via Facebook from the N7 (or another device for that matter)?

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Just for kicks, I tried it the other way too - took a photo on the N7 and tried to share it from the Gallery on my HOX. Same results, the Facebook app crashes.

Anyone else have a chance to test it out just to make sure its not not only me?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

WhoIsSamMiguel

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
The same thing happens on my S3. Sometimes it uploads and other times it just hangs and the only way to remove the halted progress bar is to restart the phone. Any ideas?

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it's an issue with it not being located on the phone. I can't do it from my Galaxy Nexus either...or the regular text message app. have to DL the image first to the device

jeffisabluenose

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes that happens on my galaxy s3
I have no idea why but I do know how to get rid of it without turning it off
This is for the galaxy s3 other phones may or may not work.
Go to home screen
open settings
Go to application manager
Select All tab
Scroll to Facebook and select
Click on Force Stop
That'll do it