What are the standard Nexus 7 keyboard and speech-to-text translator called?

kenatsun

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell me:

1. What is the name of the keyboard that comes standard with the Nexus 7?
2. What is the name of the speech-to-text tool that is part of (or accessible from) this keyboard?

I'm asking because I have some questions about this keyboard and this speech-to-text facility, and since there seem to be a lot of keyboards and speech translators discussed in these forums, I want to be clear about which ones my questions are about.

~ Thanks, Ken

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell me:

1. What is the name of the keyboard that comes standard with the Nexus 7?
2. What is the name of the speech-to-text tool that is part of (or accessible from) this keyboard?

I'm asking because I have some questions about this keyboard and this speech-to-text facility, and since there seem to be a lot of keyboards and speech translators discussed in these forums, I want to be clear about which ones my questions are about.

~ Thanks, Ken

Its "Android Keyboard" and Google text-To-Speech engine for Android

go to settings-->Language and input

kenatsun

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! That's what I needed.

...oh, one more nit: When I go to "settings-->Language and input", the translator is named as "Google voice typing" rather than "Google text-To-Speech engine for Android". Are these names referring to the same thing? If so, is one of these names the official, or most widely used, one? If they are different things, which one is the one that does speech-to-text when I do spoken input into an app like Evernote on my N7?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! That's what I needed.

...oh, one more nit: When I go to "settings-->Language and input", the translator is named as "Google voice typing" rather than "Google text-To-Speech engine for Android". Are these names referring to the same thing? If so, is one of these names the official, or most widely used, one? If they are different things, which one is the one that does speech-to-text when I do spoken input into an app like Evernote on my N7?
No, they are not. both are opposite. google voice typing is "speech to text"

if you scroll down you should see " text-To-Speech". its in a seperate group