Where to buy nexus 7 16 gb?

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now that the big holiday season rush is over, can anyone suggest a good place to find a 16gb nexus 7? Google play still is out of stock. My Dad's birthday is coming up soon and I'd like to get him one.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell this is not true. But I think Staples has stopped carrying the 16gb model...

If I'm wrong, could you please supply a source?

As of right now, the 16GB Nexus 7 is in-store only at Staples. My guess is that they won't restock them.

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Bummer. Guess I'm going to have to kick down the extra $50 and get him the 32gb. Oh well, it'll be better for him in the long run anyway. I'm just a cheap skate! lol
Thanks for the responses!

JohnTN

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
You might try calling Staples, HHGregg, and Office Depot (all carried the 16G originally) and see if they have had any returns of unwanted gifts. Some returns are happening because the headphone jack doesn't seem to work.

I returned my first one because I couldn't get the headphone jack to work. The second one wouldn't work either. Turns out you have to really push hard to get the final click in place. So the second one is good and the first one I returned was probably good, too.

John

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I ended up just going to Walmart and grabbing him a 32 gb version. They had it in stock, and in the end he'll be happier with the extra storage I'm sure.