Weird Artifacting/Pattern on Nexus 7 Interface

AJX

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I got a Nexus 7 yesterday and I have been absolutely loving it! It has been working flawlessly. When I first powered it on and set it up I checked the screen for any dead/lit pixels and to my surprise I couldn't find any.

Right, now to my issue. I noticed a weird pattern/artifacting on the screen, so I thought 'great there is something wrong with the screen' but after doing some tests with some solid colour test images I found that it was not the screen at all. The screen looked perfect on all of the test images, the only place were the issue is visible is on the pop up UI element. I took a screenshot of the issue and weirdly, it can be seen on the screenshot too. So that rules out the screen. I have highlighted the image where the issue is. It makes it much easier to see the issue if you view the image at full size.

If any of you have seen this problem before or have a solution please let me know.

AJ

Attachments

• Artifacting in Menu Issue.png
    Artifacting in Menu Issue.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 55

AJX

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I have. The 32gb I just returned a few days ago was the same way. There for a while I thought it was part of the menus or something. Banding was pretty bad too.

I think it must be the the software because the issue is not present on any other part of the interface (viewing images/browsing web pages/using apps). If it were a hardware issue, surely it would be permanently present in the same place no matter what was on the screen and it should not be viewable on a screenshot.

I though maybe it was a software bug. What do you people think? I am new to Android (this Nexus 7 is my first device) so is there any way to restore the device and would that wipe any software glitches?

Many thanks

AJ

AJX

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I think I can barely see it even when I view the image full size. Don't you have better things to worry about?

If thats the case, don't you have better threads to comment on? If you don't have something constructive to say then feel free to go somewhere else.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If thats the case, don't you have better threads to comment on? If you don't have something constructive to say then feel free to go somewhere else.

actually mr_nobody has a point. if you are finding issue with a popup which most cannot see then you have a serious issue. color blindness. i dont know!!!!

no freking software in the world is perfect. you will find no OS which dont have a software issue like whatever you are seeing.

AJX

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
That's good to hear its not just me. I know its not a huge issue but I was just concerned it was some sort of fault.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon