Odd battery issue

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, my wife's Nexus 7 is doing something odd, she didn't use it for a few days do left it on charge. Took it off and after 2 hours the battery dropped to 0% and stayed that way until she noticed it 5 hours later. The status bar icon registers when its on charge but the battery app says 0% Unknown. Have reset it, done a "fastboot erase cache" and even completely run flashed the stock ROM.

For now I've told her to use it as normal until the battery dies and see what happens when she charges it. Any theories aside from a duff device?

sery4usu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

justninjabro

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
sorry i dont know how to help with that..

BUT...
my nexus went on 7% last night, i had to turn it off and charge it over night, and when i woke up, and turned it on, it just turned off again! and i wasnt on it for 11 hours... so does anyone know why, when i turn it on, it hasnt charged and then it turns off again?? thanks :)

ITDXVida

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing almost the same problem with the exception that I show the percentage of the battery to whatever it is but the screen consumption shows 55% even though the brightness is set to its lowest level. Once plugged it shows as charging with 80% or so battery and as soon as you unplug it goes down to like 16% percent. I have done a factory reset, took it to ATT and had them flash the phone and gave me a new battery and I am still having the same problem. Battery life is garbage for some reason. I have a second SGS3 which is working fine. Hopefully we find a solution.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
When it showed 0% unknown it means to me that the N7 main software is not getting info from the battery software. The battery chip and software are separate from the main system. Possibly bad connection. If the situation didn't get corrected I would exercise warranty or return rights. When she tries to charge it does it still say the same thing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forumexercise

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis