how to create music playlist? (alternative from the default player)

xconwing

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
hi all,

i have just recently bought a nexus 7 from craiglist
my question is:
is there other ways to create music playlist other than browsing through your whole library
and pick one by one?

thanks ahead,
-Andy

Last edited:

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
hi all,

i have just recently bought a nexus 7 from craiglist
my question is:
is there other ways to create music playlist other than browsing through your whole library
and pick one by one?

thanks ahead,
-Andy

I find it more congenial to create playlist on my desktop with more screen real-estate. If you get a nice desktop player app you can select by artist, genre, etc and some players will pick for you based on histories. Save your list and xfer to the N7. Most standard playlist formats are readable by other apps.

x Pervy Sage

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
If you use Windows Media Player or iTunes, the Google Play Music Upload automatically uploads all your playlists so they are ready to go.

Awesome work by Google with that Music upload program. Had my full library and playlists uploaded from iTunes within an hour or 2. Moving over from iOS was seamless.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
and pick one by one?

If you select a song in Google Play Music on your Nexus 7, there is an option for "Play instant mix." This will automatically choose a number of songs similar to the one you selected and make it into a playlist. If you like the playlist, you can hit the menu button in the upper right, select "Save queue," and it'll ask you to name your new playlist.

Another simple way is to give a Thumbs Up to any songs that you like. These songs will automatically added to the Thumbs Up playlist.