Full screen ads pop up

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I'm getting full screen pop-up ads And notifications as well. ninja Run, Crazed Sniper, etc.

I ran Ad network detector from my lookout as well as airpush detector. They can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
start uninstalling apps until the ads go away....keep track so you can find the offending app

you could also install ADblock

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I will try that, I just don't know why nothing shows up when testing all my apps. . .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
i tried that, actually, none of the apps that i have tried work. it's weird, like the rogue app has beat the system.

i uninstalled Boat Browser, so i think that took care of the notifications and the full screen apps.

why don't you guys install Boat Browser and see if that gives you those ads...

very annoying.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i tried that, actually, none of the apps that i have tried work. it's weird, like the rogue app has beat the system.

i uninstalled Boat Browser, so i think that took care of the notifications and the full screen apps.

why don't you guys install Boat Browser and see if that gives you those ads...

very annoying.

I have boat browser installed. None of those ads.

That said, I am rooted and have Adfree Android installed on my devices.

-Suntan

nickyboyparks

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I found a solution. When the ads pop up. Hit your home button for few seconds to view resent apps if using 4.2 android or whatever technique to see recent apps.
You should see the ads along with recently used apps and the ads are generated by " network service" . go into settings-apps-all apps-scroll to network service and disable or deactivate. It will work. I had the same problem.
I believe it's malware but haven't investigated further why it happen. I will email Google on the issue..

bolud

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I had (have?) the same problem. A few days ago, full screen popup ads started showing up on my android phone. On the upper right corner of these ads, there was a link to "google ads policy" or similar. I followed this link but could not stop ads from appearing (server not responding). I then uninstalled updates of several google apps, replacing said apps with factory versions. Ads stopped appearing. However, most of my google apps now complain that an update of google play is necessary before they can function properly.

jayann

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I'm getting full screen pop-up ads And notifications as well. ninja Run, Crazed Sniper, etc.

I ran Ad network detector from my lookout as well as airpush detector. They can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ugf

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I disabled everything, including google play services. Now it works, should check after few hours - I guess this is because nothing can be installed without it.

On my other phone, things staryed when Iinsyalled CM lite, but not sure if there was update of google services as well.

Installing all this removers and blockers didn't help. It"s just frequency of ads that slowed down.

ugf

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Ok, here is the thing - I have two phones that had same simptoms. First is prestigio psp 3404 duo, android v4.4.2 and second is NOA c25 (which seems to be croatian name for chinese servier h18), android v5.0.

It looks like I was able to clean NOA by turning on airplane mode, than rebooting into safe mode and doing factory reset. No popus for several days since then.

On the other hand, prestigio still shows popups occasionaly (even after factory reset). I tried to identify app that causes problems and positvely pinpointed ProxyServer as a source of notifications in notification toolbar. Disabling notifications from ProxyServer prevnted further notifications to be displayed.

However, full screen popups still show up from time to time (frequency being increased by time from last factory reset and frequency of the use - I was able to get it run without ads for half a day or more).

I disabled all apps that were installed and disabled preinstalled apps. Also disabled most of the system apps. Tricky part is that looking at the recent apps doesn't show one that shows ads (seems like it closes itself as soon as it looses focus).

For the NOA, I can pinpoint moment when ads atarted showing app and this is when I installed CM lite and 360 security. For prestigio I don't know when problem started and what caused it and don't know how owner tried to clean it, so it was exposed for the longer period of time.

Any suggestions what to do next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech