Would you go for this swap? Nexus 7 for a Nexus 4

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

The Mrs is due her phone upgrade on the 1st Feb and basically she has said I can have her shiny new Nexus 4 is she can have my Nexus 7 and she will keep her old phone.

Now I love getting new gadgets and it's a really tempting offer but do you think I'll miss the the 7 too much? One thought I had is that I can just set it up for her as the main user and add another user for myself and still use it when the Mrs isn't.

What would you do? :D or :(

Andy.

Last edited:

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd do the swap if I were you, I think she's getting the shorter end of the stick on that one as you can more easily share the N7 than the N4.
So while she'll be saying "Buh-bye!" to the phone, I'm sure you'll still both be using the tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Trade it all for a....uh.. never mind...

This gets kind of murky it being your wife and all. So from a "trading with a guy off the street" approach, it depends. Is it a GSM (sim card type for AT&T, T-mobile etc..) phone? If so, then absolutely, if not, then no way.....

You can buy 2 Nexus 7's for what the GSM Nexus 4's are going for. The other ones (Sprint, Verizon types ), not so much. $100 - $150ish or so on cragslist.....

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
You sir are right.... Been a while sense they were available, and done a search on ebay and saw a bunch of sprint nexus listed. They of course were Nexus S 4g... brain fart..

so back to absolutely...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21