Annoying andorid/nexus7 bugs

Ido Hartogsohn

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I bought my Nexus 7 device a few months ago, and at first I was very happy with it.
Then came the first android version update and with it my troubles began.

First the screen began to change into the lock screen/stand by mode without any warning. and seemingly randomly, while I was working on the device. I would touch the screen to try to wake it up again, but it would just immediately get back to stand-by mode again and again. This would continue like this for about a minute, until it eventually responds to instructions again.
This can happen a couple of times a day...

Secondly, my applications such as Dropbox and Kindle keep unregistering from my device. So that for example every few days my Kindle gets unregistered and I need to download all my books all over again.

I tried doing a factory restore in order to get back to version 4.1, hoping that this would solve the problem, but to my surprise even after factory restore the operating system was still 4.2.1. Also, from what I?ve found out there is no way to disable system updates on nexus 7. (I did not root my device).

Does anybody have any idea what might cause these problems?
What should I do? Is there any way to send nexus 7 back to Google and get a new device?
Is it possible to get back to version 4.1? Will this help? Will I be able to prevent my nexus 7 from automatically updating its version?

Thanks for your help.
Ido

yanks528

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I downgraded to 4.1.2. Rooted. Turned off all backup and syncing options. I also disabled Google currents, music, books, movies, magazine, Downloaded autorun manager and was able to go into Google framework services and disable the 2 update receivers. This absolutely did the trick. This is now the best tablet I have used. It is lightning fast. No more wifi drops. No more problems with Bluetooth. That was caused by the update. It works seamlessly. I used the wugfresh nexus toolkit to do the downgrade and root. Make sure you use the 4.1.2 option. First you need to go through the drivers set up. Then unlock. Then backup your apps. Then root and flash to the 4.1.2. Grant super user permissions. Install busy box. You will be amazed at how much better it will work. I got this tablet for Christmas and it updated to 4.2 as soon as I set it up. I was very unhappy with it. Took me almost a month to get it working properly. Now I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ido Hartogsohn

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help! I will consider doing this, although my device is not rooted and I don't have the expertise to do this myself, so I will have to go to a technician.
Is there any way to send the Tablet back to google, and get a new one that's working without all these annoying bugs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech