Warranty Woes

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sigh, I'm not happy with my current predicament. I purchased my N7 from SAMs Club but am well out of their 30 return window. So, I was forced to send it to Asus and their "Repair Only" facility in Texas for my Screen lift and creaking issue. I clearly stated that, as my issue and also mentioned the screen sometimes doesn't respond well and requires putting device to sleep and back on to remedy.
Anyways, I jut got it back two days ago, they did something to the software which required me setup the device again(strangely my wifi was remembered though and all apps were there). My Screen lift issues were NOT resolved in the slightest though! :( I contacted Asus by phone today, let them know of my disappointment which they didn't even acknowledge until the end of our conversation-with a totally scripted message and its back on its way down there again.
I'd just like to get a refund for the thing but don't know that that is an option. I did buy the extended warranty from SAMs club which I believe gives in store credit but I would need to wait out the Asus Warranty to use it and I think Asus's may be 2 yrs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Factory warranty is one year.

[edit]: Not sure if you were in the other thread but there was someone who said they successfully returned some piece of electronics to sam's club outside the 30 day return period so that's always worth trying if you haven't...

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Good news :D my tablet is finally fixed and is working nice and smooth to boot. Unfortunately after sending it to Asus and having it come back still in the same condition, it took a SECOND trip back to their repair facility to finally get it correct. They did however replace my bezel around my screen as well which I asked for but didn't expect to happen. Screen sits slightly under flush with the bezel on both sides of the screen and is solid. I also solved my lagginess issue by disabling Google Currents so screen response is now buttery again :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I would've just went with the Sam's Club warranty in the end. yah, you get Sam's credit, but you would've gotten it right away.
But in the end I'm glad it's resolved!

justcrusin

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine is on it's way back for the second time too. Hopefully they get it right this time. I have issues with the brightness automatically increasing and decreasing even when auto brightness is off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer