How to ? S beam

mfryck

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The wife and I just got Nexus 7 tablets and wanted to find out how to use S beam. New to android technology and thought why should we download the same files. TIA.

Dubg

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
S Beam is the name that Samsung is using for the feature on the Nexus that is called Android Beam. To activate it go to Settings and then go to "More..." Then you will see "Android Beam". If the switch is in the off position just press it and it will then turn on. If both devices have it turned on then you can transfer files by putting the devices back to back. Hope this explains it well enough.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dubg

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
One additional point I didn't get to in my first reply is that with the Nexus you can only transfer small amounts of data through NFC (Near Field Communication). S Beam uses NFC to then open a Wi-Fi Direct link between the Samsung devices and allows the transfer of larger files like songs, pictures, etc. Android Beam can only send smaller files like a website link, contact card (from a phone).

S Beam is a much better tool since it takes the concept of Android Beam and makes it better by allowing the larger files to be transferred.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
It's possible to send larger files like pics with Android Beam. I've done it between Galaxy Nexuses and a Nexus 7 and a Galaxy Nexus. Google fixed Android Beam in the update to Jelly Bean.

Hoppy063

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I transfer pictures, files even games between my N7 and my One X with no problems. Works well with all file sizes since JB update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol