Is it possible to use an iPhone as a touchpad/trackpad for the Nexus 7

Doc_V

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've seen lots of apps that turn both iOS and Android devices into wireless touchpads for desktop machines and other devices, but I haven't been able to locate anything to turn my iPhone into a standard Bluetooth compatible touchpad. This would make my life so much easier and save me $50+ from buying a wireless touchpad. Not to mention, one less devise to carry around or break.

In theory, it seems like it should be pretty simple. Anyone tried this and know how to make it work?

Any and all input [accept iPhone bashing] would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Cheers.

Doc_V

Last edited:

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
the only thing that is possible is for an app in the Apple App store, and if it existed it would probably be wifi, not bluetooth. There aren't any that I know of personally.

Doc_V

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I already have a nice Logitech portable keyboard with case. I want something I can through in my bag and not worry about being damaged. A mouse is too big and would likely get banged up. Hence, why the iPhone would be so perfect. It's durable and I always have it with me anyway, not to mention it fits in my pocket.

Doc_V

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
the only thing that is possible is for an app in the Apple App store, and if it existed it would probably be wifi, not bluetooth. There aren't any that I know of personally.
I've seen the wifi apps, but they all require a host app to connect and only work on desktop systems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo