What is the thing you dislike about the Nexus 7 the most?

chriswv10

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
None of them are deal breakers (otherwise I wouldn't have bought one!) but I would have liked

SD slot
HDMI out or Miracast (preferably)

but I love that it's light, quick, easy to pick up and use, has 32Gb and I consider it great value.

C :) <---- Happy Nexus 7 owner

Hoppy063

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My biggest annoyance is the power consumption while sleeping. I want something like Windows' hibernate where it's OFF for power purposes when the magnet in a smart case puts it to sleep. Instead, the Nexus 7 seems to be a light sleeper that wakes periodically to do stuff, even if it keeps the screen dark.

You need to check what apps are awake. I shut my case about 11pm with 100% charge and when I open it about 6am still have 100% That's with WiFi left on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
On some networks, it does not properly go to sleep. On my work network, the device is always kept awake when connected (unless I turn it to turn off wifi when sleeping). On my network at home, this isn't an issue at all. Also, I have problems with the secondary authentication on my work network. It oftentimes won't prompt me to enter the username/password when opening a browser.

It appears to be an issue with ICS because when my last tablet had HC it was fine, then it also had the same issues when it upgraded to ICS.

I hope it gets fixed in KLP.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I find that every now and then my N7 will lag a little bit.. but other than that, I love my N7, it's the best device I've ever used and I carry it around with me everywhere. The screen is perfect for reading books, the gpu is perfect for playing games, the cpu is perfect for navigating the OS.. it's all around a great device and I hope Google give's it some KLP love.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't even been using mine a week yet, so I'd love to hear from those of you who have had it for months. My personal worst is editing typos. It is SO hard to touch right in a word where the typo is to edit to mistake. Even waiting for the blue tab to come up and trying to drag that around isn't very effective because they don't zoom and shift the bubble up so that it's not under your thumb. That is one thing that was great about my iphone 3GS, it would zoom in where you're touching to drag the cursor around and have a little zoomed bubble ABOVE where you're touching. No zoom AND no shifting means you have to hold the device at a slant to even see a tiny cursor.

This drives me crazy too. Try Hacker's keyboard - it has arrow keys.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly someone said that a headset/mic wouldn't work because the jack is sound only.

Today I plugged a new set of Apple's Ear Pods in and made a call with Talkatone just fine...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly someone said that a headset/mic wouldn't work because the jack is sound only.

Today I plugged a new set of Apple's Ear Pods in and made a call with Talkatone just fine...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Yes, you used the nexus 7's built in microphone though, even if you did not realize it...

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
This drives me crazy too. Try Hacker's keyboard - it has arrow keys.

I tried HK. While it was OK and I loved the feature to have it run in notifications and force up the keyboard for those times it randomly disappears, it doesn't hold a candle to Swiftkey 3. Split keyboard for landscape is amazing. Every keyboard should have this feature. Heck some keyboards should even have fully customizeable layouts.

SupaLawlCat

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
My problems:

1. I find the size is kind of awkward for typing. It is bigger than a phone, but smaller than most tablets so no matter which keyboard I use I either find the keys are too small or too big. With my old iPhone I could do upwards of 50 WPM, but with this it's more like 20-30. I guess I'll get used to it over time, but still. Also, like the OP mentioned the text selection and typo fixing is difficult. I use the split-keyboard function in SwiftKey most of the time, but I often get confused with the middle letters from like T/G/V - U/J/N.

2. I wish it had a rear camera. The front camera is completely useless to me. I use the back camera on things to take quick photos and videos and scan QR codes and stuff. That is really awkward to do with a front camera.

Overall I love it, and those are really my only gripes. I guess I wish it had MicroSD, but the 32GB has been enough so far.

Didact7

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
My biggest annoyance is the power consumption while sleeping. I want something like Windows' hibernate where it's OFF for power purposes when the magnet in a smart case puts it to sleep. Instead, the Nexus 7 seems to be a light sleeper that wakes periodically to do stuff, even if it keeps the screen dark.

I simply put it in airplane mode when I'm not using it, and have found power consumption during sleep to be minimal.

Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Speaker could be louder, and stereo sound would be nice. Resolution could be better too. But for the price, I can't complain much.

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I simply put it in airplane mode when I'm not using it, and have found power consumption during sleep to be minimal.

Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Speaker could be louder, and stereo sound would be nice. Resolution could be better too. But for the price, I can't complain much.
It's stereo just the speakers are too close together. Also imo the screen is one of the best on the market. 1280x800 @ 219ppi

Didact7

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It's stereo just the speakers are too close together. Also imo the screen is one of the best on the market. 1280x800 @ 219ppi

For a 7", yes. Second to the NOOK HD I think. But I'd definitely rather have the Nexus 7 and not be locked into a proprietary ebook format and be limited to the pretty crappy selection of apps in the Nook store.

Rober Basmaciyan

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
My biggest disappointment is the stock email app. Google should check out the email app on the HTC EVO Design 4g and fix theirs.

It won't let me remove recipient list from a message I want to forward. I know there are clunky workarounds, but really in this day and age?
It won't let me select all in a folder
It doesn't have the ability to Empty the Trash folder
It doesn't play nice with Yahoo Mail account - frequently, it reloads messages that I have already deleted. It doesn't do this with my GoDaddy email account.

Cheers,
Rob