Is it safe to use SD booster on the nexus 7?

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have no experience with these apps but if they do speed up storage I/O, that is a pretty nasty indictment on Android OS dev. You would think that OS developers would have already optimized such an important operating system function.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any reviews from nexus users on SD boosting type apps, so I'm not sure if it's safe

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger

liljew

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You have to assume almost anything that increases speed is going to increase heat and decrease battery life. The O/S developers are not optimizing for speed alone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TapATalk

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You have to assume almost anything that increases speed is going to increase heat and decrease battery life. The O/S developers are not optimizing for speed alone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TapATalk

not necessarily --- apparently this app allows you to set the size of the internal or external SD memory i/o cache. All that would do is decrease or increase the number of chunks a file is broken into while being read or written. Configuring & optimizing the format for a PC hard drive file system is the comparable equivalent, if the descriptions are accurate.

An illustration, if you have a 100 Mb file and a 1 MB cache, you will use 100 "fetches" to transfer but if you have a .5 Mb cache, 200. This is simply solving an arithmetic equation to see the average file size on your system and match the cache to optimize. If done properly, it actually will use LESS battery and generate LESS heat and increase speed.... In theory ; D

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's safe, lol?

Sent from an orange potato......no, really

I expect it's safe enuf - the app has a fairly large happy installed base and isn't doing anything wierd. changing a default cache size shouldn't be any more dangerous than rooting and installing custom Mods or kernels.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I expect it's safe enuf - the app has a fairly large happy installed base and isn't doing anything wierd. changing a default cache size shouldn't be any more dangerous than rooting and installing custom Mods or kernels.

But there are no reviews for it from nexus users

Sent from an orange potato......no, really

no6969el

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you use the one included in the Rom toolbox you will find a benchmarking program that is a swipe the the right. It will auto benchmark all the cache sizes and show you the results. It is based on the file read selection on top in which I left @ 100mb. It allows you to make a really informed choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool