Battery Life at 5 hours. Advise needed.

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm got this Nexus 7 32 gb a month ago and the battery wasn't getting the recommended 8-9 hours of life. So I did all the tricks that I know of such as turning off the gps, syncing off, unnecessary google stuff, and turned the brightness down, etc.... I went from around 4 hours to 5 1/4 hours. This doesn't seem normal to me. Seeing that I mostly just read books and watch iplayer. I sent it to ASUS but it seems to have come back the same expect that they found something wrong with the back case and replaced it. So my question is.
1) Do you think my battery life normal for my usage?
2) Is there something that I'm missing?
3) If you have any tips or other suggestions that would be useful that would be great.
Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you use a static wallpaper or a live wallpaper? Some live wallpapers can use up battery faster than others.

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed an improvement in battery life if the N7 is turned off prior to charging, since July I was charging it with the unit in sleep mode and was amazed at the improvement last week of having the unit off.

Sent from planet earth

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Towards the end of the battery life, could you go into the battery breakdown and take a screenshot? It shows what processes/apps are taking the battery.

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Towards the end of the battery life, could you go into the battery breakdown and take a screenshot? It shows what processes/apps are taking the battery.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114324122336824949184/Nexus?authuser=0&feat=directlink I posted a link on here of the screen shot. (not sure how to get it on here). Anyway, the screen shot is after a factory reset and I've used it roughly for 45 minutes to an hour at max without that many apps. Thanks for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

install adblock plus - that should boost your battery and performance...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...y5hZGJsb2NrcGx1cy5hbmRyb2lkIl0&token=vp56hJfK.

thanks for the app. tip.

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the app. tip.

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed an improvement in battery life if the N7 is turned off prior to charging, since July I was charging it with the unit in sleep mode and was amazed at the improvement last week of having the unit off.

Sent from planet earth

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Cheers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz