Unable to Stream Media on Nexus 7

Andrew Klein1

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
All,

I bought a Nexus 7 over the holidays and from the get go I have NOT been able to stream any videos or music from multiple apps. Apps include Youtube, Google Play, Google Music, and Slacker Radio. Can't connect at home, work, anywhere.

Weird, on Youtube I can play the commercials. However, when it comes time to play the music I get messages like "Cannot Connect To Server" or "Lost Server Connection". I haven't done anything fancy to my tablet, just downloaded and updated apps.

Thanks... this problem is really bothering me.

Last edited:

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
erm, can you define you issue in more detail - - especially do you really mean this:

"from the get go I have been able to stream any videos or music"

by stream do you mean "play" or are you talking about streaming to another device like a TV or network / wifi connected device ?

Andrew Klein1

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about that, just ended a really long day. I am NOT able to stream/play. By stream, I mean, I cannot go onto the Youtube app and I cannot play youtube videos.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about that, just ended a really long day. I am NOT able to stream/play. By stream, I mean, I cannot go onto the Youtube app and I cannot play youtube videos.

I kinda figured that much but best to be certain --- I also figure that you are able to connect to the internet via WiFi and actually load the media source pages you are trying to play from (but best to make sure for this too) ? please don't assume we understand the exact nature of the issue and explain anything you have already tried to resolve the issue that did not work.

Andrew Klein1

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have no problems with the internet. On youtube, what's really strange is that I can play the commercials before a video just fine using the app, I do not receive a "server error" message until the app tries to load the video. Same thing with Slacker Radio.

I use several WiFi routers between work and home. There's no problems with the internet, not related to this at least. I can use the networks with laptop computers and even my phone without an issue.

So far to solve the issue I haven't done anything really. I'm at a loss as to why this would happen. Which is why I am here looking for advice from the ground up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca