[Solved] Youtube not playing videos - server error. Fix?

xolanir

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! I've just had my N7 for two days now and am diggin everything about it. It's running 4.2.1, rooted, stock, with Franco's latest nightly kernel, and the nexus louder audio mod by Misledz, just to give a background. I'm having a tiny issue though with Youtube, where it doesn't play any videos, and it says that "there was a problem playing the video, due to a network error. Tap to retry". I've gone ahead and cleared both the cache and data, and the issue is still persistent. I also uninstalled the app, and did a fresh install, but no bueno. Does anyone know what the issue could be, and could you please point me in the direction as to how I can fix it? Thanks in advance for the help! :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Q] Youtube not playing videos - server error. Fix?

First, anytime I hear someone has rooted and installed another ROM and has a problem, my first reaction a little bit of an eye roll,and to go back to stock and see if that fixes it. But that's not the answer you're looking for.

Perhaps download another app that accesses Youtube and see if that works. Also, try viewing via the browser. These are just ideas to pinpoint the problem. If you can get Youtube to work in these other ways, perhaps it is a compatibility issue with your model.

Another idea is to reboot your router. Also, check the firewall settings in the router to make sure it's not causing problems with Youtube. And also have the N7 forget your WiFi connection, then connect again.

xolanir

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

First, anytime I hear someone has rooted and installed another ROM and has a problem, my first reaction a little bit of an eye roll,and to go back to stock and see if that fixes it. But that's not the answer you're looking for.

Perhaps download another app that accesses Youtube and see if that works. Also, try viewing via the browser. These are just ideas to pinpoint the problem. If you can get Youtube to work in these other ways, perhaps it is a compatibility issue with your model.

Another idea is to reboot your router. Also, check the firewall settings in the router to make sure it's not causing problems with Youtube. And also have the N7 forget your WiFi connection, then connect again.

I'm rooted, but still running stock 4.2.1, the only things I have that aren't stock are the kernel and an audio mod. Oddly enough, YouTube works flawlessly on my Gnex, which is running aosp and is rooted. Thx fit the tip though. Looks like I'll be doing some troubleshooting this weekend. :confused:

Edit: I think I may have solved it, and that the issue was the HD playback. I toggled the HD off, and then Youtube started to play the content in SD. So I wonder what the issue is with the HD setting/streaming on the N7? Thx for pointing me in the right direction though. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SnuggleHearts

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

I Was Having Same Problem My Youtube Goes Fuzzy And Even With What MJKearney Said It Won't Work Anyone Can Help Please Reply? :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463