Asus Google Nexus 7 Lost Photos

nigeldrz

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone help me please?
Whilst on holiday in Uganda I downloaded photos from my camera to the Nexus on a daily basis then wiped them off my camera (I know - I wish I hadn't done that too).
After I moved location & logged onto the wifi the 1st two weeks' images had gone - the Nexus appeared to be trying to upload the photos but the wifi connection was hopeless & stopped it. I also downloaded an image from a PC onto the Nexus & I saved it in the pictures folder.
The photos from the last week are fine.
When I got home I checked the sd card on the camera & restored quite a few images but they were the rubbishy ones I'd deleted on a one-by-one basis - the good ones I'd deleted en-mass were all gone.

Two question:
1) What did I do wrong that deleted the jpgs and MP4s (about 600 of them)?
2) Is there any way I can get onto the Nexus's internal storage to try to get them back or anything else I can do?

My Asus Nexus 7 32Gb is running 4.2.1 & is not rooted.

Last edited:

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
How did you put the photos on the N7 from the camera and in what folder? If you open 'Gallery' on the N7 do you see any of your photos in any of the categories? Do you have a good file manager like Astro or ES File Explorer? You should be able to use one of them to navigate to where you copied the pictures in the first place. I can't imagine that the N7 somehow deleted the files by itself. Did you verify the pictures were on the N7 before deleting them from the camera card?

jbc1

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Did you manage to retrieve the "lost" photos and clips since the below exchange? I am experiencing exactly the same problem with photos and clips (jpegs and MPEGs) downloaded to the Nexus (exact same device and software version) and which I cross checked were there only to check a week or so later on downloading further photos that the original photo folders were near empty. A few days later all the remaining original downloads were gone.....?

Any idea as to why this is happening and where the missing photos and clips are? I am currently travelling and need to continue to use the nexus for storage but do not want to proceed in case I lose more photos or over rewrite the missing ones?

tovemaria

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi nigel & jbc,
I've just discovered exactly the same problem. Travelling for 2 months and using a memory card reader + Nexus Media Importer to transfer photos. All of a sudden the pics I transferred two weeks ago are no longer showing in my gallery, or file manager.
Where have they gone?? Any advice welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance