4.2.2 Update

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for confirmation that this doesn't totally suck with lag and freezing before updating. I finally got fed up with 4.2.1's absolute suckitude and reverted to 4.1.2 not 10 days ago after suffering 3 months and I'd rather have the responsive tablet I bought than the broken mess Google made it into with their half-arsed update.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
4.2.1 worked for the first day for me before falling apart. Cleared cache and then did a factory reset with no change. Almost immediately it would lag terribly. Open the magnetic cover and it would be 2-3 seconds before you could swipe to unlock. Apps sometimes took 5+ seconds to open. Bringing up the app switcher takes several seconds as does the transition. I don't know if there was a difference in my N7's hardware (it was a replacement for a launch unit with washed out screen) and others who haven't experienced problems, but for me, 4.2.1 was an unmitigated disaster. I guess I'll have to make a nandroid of my current state before gambling on 4.2.2. Sheesh...

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been using 4.2.1 since I got my Nexus 7 and I have had no issues.
You're one of those people who tells someone with food poisoning that you didn't get sick, aren't you?
When something works fine before and after going to and from a software update, the update is the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1