4.2.2 Update

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update myself with the 16gb WiFi only Nexus 7. Seems smoother. Trying they auto brightness now.

Seems that auto brightness is better in bright rooms. I will have to try in low light later tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I was using my tablet in the dark last night after side loading the update and the auto brightness kept flickering constantly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update for my 8gb Nexus 7. Seems faster overall. I had a lot of lag when the tablet was waking up with a smart cover which has pretty much dissipated now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that has gotten the update and uses HD Widgets know if the update fixed the rebooting issue?

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I never had the rebooting issue before with hd widgets so I'm not sure this helps you that much but so far no reboots and i am still using hd widgets.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I stopped using my 7 because it turned into a slothful piece of molasses. I bought one of the first units. Hopefully this update will give me my old 7 back.

rrabago

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
It does work. You may need to do it a couple of times. It took me four times before the update started to download. Thanks for the tip, Bronson!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If anyone hasn't gotten the 4.2.2 update yet, I followed these steps and it forced the update. Your results my vary but it worked for me:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework
3. Tap on Force Stop
4. Select Clear Data
5. Head back to the Nexus 7?s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update

Instructions courtesy of - How to Get the Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 Update Right Now

Wow worked on 2nd try using this method! Gracias!

Update: Downloaded at least 4 times and keep getting error. Will return to 100 % stock and try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
So, my N7 is on stock 4.2.1, which I sideloaded over adb sideload. When I tried to manually update to 4.2.2 the same way, I got this:

iS5eBJm.png

The recovery screen also has a big red exclamation mark and says "No permissions". Little help?

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine just updated this evening after clearing the Google Services Framework. No problems so far. Eighty-eight apps optimized and about a dozen downloaded updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze