4.2.2 Update

Velvet Smooth

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Waited patiently and the update just popped up on my 16GB model. So far I am liking it. Glad the drop down shade is not so bouncy. My wife's N4 received 4.2.2 yesterday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
That is nice, the drop down shade going back up is gone now! Bouncy is a good way to put it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Lil Jaye

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I got the update 2/14/13 In IL about 20 minutes to the St Louis area. I am not sure what I am supposed to see that is different. I guess because I am a bit ticked off that it removed my root and so I had to redo everything. And now the nexus root tool kit is not updated so I can not re-root this until they update. I find that to be the best root tool for me so I am stuck with a unlocked and no root for now. Oh well worse things can happen I guess. I never had any issues to begin with maybe I didn't even need this update. I use my nexus 7 all the time so I just contributed the battery usage and charging longer to that fact. Maybe it was a issue I just didn't know it was a issue *laughs*. My games now are all reset and that is also bugging me. I won't bother even listing all the ones that reset them selves when I had to re-install them again. I sure hope for no more updates. I am getting tired of starting everything over again just because I like a rooted nexus 7. Crabby I know but I will get over it once I can re-root my favorite toy again. :D Have a great time all...

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the update 2/14/13 In IL about 20 minutes to the St Louis area. I am not sure what I am supposed to see that is different. I guess because I am a bit ticked off that it removed my root and so I had to redo everything. And now the nexus root tool kit is not updated so I can not re-root this until they update. I find that to be the best root tool for me so I am stuck with a unlocked and no root for now. Oh well worse things can happen I guess. I never had any issues to begin with maybe I didn't even need this update. I use my nexus 7 all the time so I just contributed the battery usage and charging longer to that fact. Maybe it was a issue I just didn't know it was a issue *laughs*. My games now are all reset and that is also bugging me. I won't bother even listing all the ones that reset them selves when I had to re-install them again. I sure hope for no more updates. I am getting tired of starting everything over again just because I like a rooted nexus 7. Crabby I know but I will get over it once I can re-root my favorite toy again. :D Have a great time all...

Next time use OTARoot keeper. Thats what I did and all is well and rooted on my end!

anon(723554)

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the upgrade fixed another issue with the notification and settings shades. Don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but I have noticed it's easier to pull down the shades with my Supcase case on my N7.

One of the niggles in the original review of this case was that you really had to cram your finger up against the top edge to "grab" the shade to pull it down. That problem appears to be gone, as now I can pull the shade down as easily as if there were no case. They must have made the sensitive area for pulling down the shades just a few pixels larger.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
here is the ota http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-nakasi-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.6ece895e.zip

if you have custom recovery use it to flash it or use adb sideload to update

I'm rooted and have CWM. I downloaded the .zip file and went into CWM, then pressed install zip file. I chose the 4.2.2 update zip, but it came up with an error and said "installation aborted". So then just today it said I had the OTA update available, so I downloaded it then pressed install. I took me to CWM and said "install untrusted zip", I pressed "yes, but then again it came up with an error and said "installation aborted". I don't really feel like doing a factory reset. What could the problem be?

Rpister

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but I was locked out of the tablet because of the popup msg. Selecting 'Ok' or 'Report' did nothing but loop the error msg. At that point I wiped the system since there seemed to be no way to get back into the tablet to perform any functions as suggested. Can someone please point me to a recovery method to reinstall 4.2.1 from my Windows PC. Thanks in advance.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the update today after doing the Framework Force Stop and shutting down and rebooting. I had to do the same thing to get the last upgrade. Don't know why, but I have it now. No problems so far, but I haven't been on it much since the upgrade.

knrstz64

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Idk which I'm more excited about, my improved battery life or how smooth everything is. Next time there is an update in will hold off to see of its flawless because i don't want to lose this again.

Maxx44

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. After a few days, I have determined it's not the cover. WiFi just shuts off randomly on my 32 GB N7 when it's sleeping. My wife's 16 GB is also exhibiting this new quirk.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
With OTA Root Keeper you use it to back up your "root settings". Once you upgrade t a new OTA ROM you can relaunch Root Keeper and restore the root from your backup file.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Got my update today 4pm central time. Man I thought this device was decently fast before but now it's twice as snappy! Before update offline charging wouldn't work and to power on required holding in the power button for 13 seconds / reboot would shut off but not boot. Now all that shnazz works. :) thanks big G. Being on the leading edge of any platform is bound to see bugs. Thanks for addressing them.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Compared to the Note 2, my Nexus 7 still seems a bit laggy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie