4.2.2 Update

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I think my Nexus is defective. NO UPDATE. I followed the FS Google Framework and shut down/rebooted. Nothing. For some reason my tablet refuses to update. (I'm not using a custom ROM or even rooted) I'm very unhappy.

ETA: Right after I posted this, I got a notification that the update was available! LOL

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You may just have to be a bit more patient. I only got mine OTA a few days ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I think my Nexus is defective. NO UPDATE. I followed the FS Google Framework and shut down/rebooted. Nothing. For some reason my tablet refuses to update. (I'm not using a custom ROM or even rooted) I'm very unhappy.

ETA: Right after I posted this, I got a notification that the update was available! LOL

I'm still waiting for mine to "find" the update. It's a matter of having patience. And you see, you already got it! :)

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Anybody noticed silent mode bug? When you put silent mode on it will mute everything even media volume. With 4.2.1 u could just put in silent mode and forget about notification sounds while watching some movie. And when you try to adjust volume to your movie... It will put notification volume back. I think media volume and notification volume should work separately like they use to work wwith previous jelly bean.

With 4.2.2 you have to manually mute notification volume so it wouldn't bother you.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Anybody noticed silent mode bug? When you put silent mode on it will mute everything even media volume. With 4.2.1 u could just put in silent mode and forget about notification sounds while watching some movie. And when you try to adjust volume to your movie... It will put notification volume back. I think media volume and notification volume should work separately like they use to work wwith previous jelly bean.

With 4.2.2 you have to manually mute notification volume so it wouldn't bother you.

Yes. This is so annoying. How on earth could they screw this up????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zxcv106106

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one and last one still waiting for the update.......? It's already 2/18..and I'm still waiting for the 4.2.2 update. I live in Maryland. with stock 16GB wifi nexus 7, didn't root. My friend has a Galaxy Nexus, and he already got the update!!!

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes. This is so annoying. How on earth could they screw this up????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

God damn it! they fix something and at the same time break something else. I hope they gonna release minor update with no code name.. Otherwise we're screwed until 4.2.3!

zxcv106106

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I know this method, but prefer not doing it due to some error ppl are getting. Although there is a fixed for the error (re-add google account etc), still I prefer to wait. Just today out of patient suddenly, sorry! :p

Fmrvette

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one and last one still waiting for the update.......? It's already 2/18..and I'm still waiting for the 4.2.2 update. I live in Maryland. with stock 16GB wifi nexus 7, didn't root. My friend has a Galaxy Nexus, and he already got the update!!!

Nope. No joy in Michigan, either. Nexus 7 wifi 32gig not rooted.

Regards,

Jim

Joshua Downey

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for posting this information! The only problem with this method, is you have to unlock your device which erases everything. Google still does not have a good backup and restore process. So starting over is not something I am ready to do.

There are _3_ methods listed there and you certainly do NOT need to unlock for all of them...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36