Google Now

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Works on my N7. Should launch when you touch and hold the Home icon-button, then slide your finger up to the white-circle "Google."

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! Didn't realize it worked that way. Was looking for an app.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Google Now is simply part of Google Search. Other ways to access it:

1. Tap the persistent Google Search bar at the top of a home screen (assuming that you haven't disabled it by using an alternate launcher).
2. Place the Google Search widget on a home screen and tap on it.
3. Tap the Google Search icon in the app drawer (it's marked simply as "Google" and shows as a stylized "g" on a blue background). Alternatively, place that icon on a home screen as a shortcut.

Keep in mind that if you tap on either the persistent Google Search bar or the Google Search widget, the nice graphic background design at the top of the screen is replaced a list of your most recent searches. If you drag up from the home button or tap the Google Search icon instead, the background graphic is displayed. But as soon as you tap inside the search box, the cute background will slide up and away, to be replaced by your recent search list.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried it out on my Nexus 7 yet, but I love the new Google Now update with the widget.

Sent from my Int'l Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE using AC Forums.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not a Google Search widget, though Google Search is "involved." If you update to the latest version of the Google Search app via Play Store, you should have a Google Now widget available for use.

Telespielstube

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
This morning I travelled to a city and hoped Google Now would work as Google advertised it, but only the weather and places cards appear. No traffic, no directions I looked up on Google or movie recommendation, despite a theater is across the street. I turned on all cads to get the full functionality but I'm disappointed so far.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This morning I travelled to a city and hoped Google Now would work as Google advertised it, but only the weather and places cards appear. No traffic, no directions I looked up on Google or movie recommendation, despite a theater is across the street. I turned on all cads to get the full functionality but I'm disappointed so far.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Did you buy a movie ticket via Fandango? If you do, then your tickets will show up on Google Now.

Did you open up the full blown Google Now or were you just using the widget?

Right now, I only have two cards showing on Google Now, but the widget only has one card (weather) showing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888