every App purchase on Google Play gives the developer your name and email address

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much every time I buy something on the internets, the seller gets my name and email, and if it involves material items they get my address. Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, Amazon market etc. Other than MAYBE not telling me it was happening, I just don't see anything here to get worked up about.

seattlezoid

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Excecpt that the developer now has a juicy list of emails that are probably not just a "throw away" address. You should be able to buy an app anonymously.

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure that it's helpful for support issues. A quick way to tell if you really bought the app or not. Just like everything else in this world, there's always a negative alternative.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Unless you keep the purchase confirmation number for every app they need that info to confirm a purchase especially for support and refunds. You guys freak out over the smallest junk I buy plenty of apps and have never had issues. So please take off your tinfoil hat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't this been going on for a while? Anytime I get a refund for an app, I usually get a email asking why I choose to refund it from the developer

Sent from yo moms house son!😎😎Using my SPH - L710 running AOKP Rom 4.1.2, now initiating Swagger

dave1nyc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Unless you keep the purchase confirmation number for every app they need that info to confirm a purchase especially for support and refunds. You guys freak out over the smallest junk I buy plenty of apps and have never had issues. So please take off your tinfoil hat.
Don't you see? The government rays have gotten to you and you don't even know it.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
And guess what? Every time I pay for something with a credit card, the seller gets my name, address, and often the credit card number!

And every time I pay for something with a check, the seller gets my name, address, and bank account information!

OMG IS THE WORLD ENDING OR WHAT?

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
No big deal for me either. I actually already assumed they WERE getting that info and not some anonymous Nexus user #12340848489xw23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith