Charge Nexus 7 with different cable.

dency45

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I want to charge nexus 7 using a different longer cable (usb to micro) because it is very short but i will still use the charging adaptor. Is that okay?
And is it okay for overnight charging and playing games while charging?

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It charged for me but the 'foreign' connector came loose easily. I compared the connectors and found the supplied connector was a bit longer, the metal part that is. I think that is because of the sloping nature of the Nexus7 case.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I want to charge nexus 7 using a different longer cable (usb to micro) because it is very short but i will still use the charging adaptor. Is that okay?
And is it okay for overnight charging and playing games while charging?

It's fine and I do that exact thing for my N7 setup with a 6 foot cable ($1.65) I got from an amazon vendor Anamax in Texas. Buy a couple in case one gets eaten by the dog/cat/roaches ! hehe
I use the original cable for data transfer PC to N7.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: USB to Micro-USB Cable - 6 Ft.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried using a different charger with the original cable and did not work. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I've used a few different cables and chargers. So far the best one is my Palm Touchpad one.

why would you not get a Nexus device?

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
yes, you can charge while using the N7 like gaming or watching a movie - no problem altho it won't necessarily charge as quickly or increase the charge at all if you are using USB level vs wall current electricity

yes you can charge overnight but I rarely do since complete charging takes only 2 and a half hours normally. Why trust the circuitry even tho it is suppose to shut off if you don't have to ? It's probably fine but I prefer to micro-manage. Li-ION battery record is not exactly stellar is it ?