how do I stop Maps from loading itself at random times?

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I want to avoid taskkiller apps if possible because Ive heard they're ineffective and can drain your battery from services constantly starting and stopping.

I want to make it so the app Maps runs only when I tell it to, without disabling it and re enabling it when I need it.

I leave location services turned off usually but Maps and the service Fused Location loves to run in the background constantly. Also strange is the fact I often have to kill Mobile Data and Mobile Network Configuration despite me not even having a 3g version of the Nexus 7.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suppose you could disable Google Maps if its behavior bothers you this much, and install something like Mapquest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Dempsey1962

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
how do I disable maps from my phone

I love the galaxy s3 but the only thing I dislike about it is apps keep runnin by theirselves when I don't even use them like maps. so how do I disable maps from my phone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do I disable maps from my phone

I love the galaxy s3 but the only thing I dislike about it is apps keep runnin by theirselves when I don't even use them like maps. so how do I disable maps from my phone

Android isn't like Windows. Certain apps will always restart. See this article: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

If you really want to disable Maps, go to Settings/Apps/All Apps, scroll down until you find Google Maps, select it, then tap "Disable." You might need to tap "Uninstall updates" first before you can fully disable it.