Charging time

Michael Phan1

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone... i just got a google nexus 7 and was using the charger that it had come with... it takes forever to charge even when i turn the unit off so there would be no usage at the time... i tried to charge it off of my samsung note 2 charger and off the computer... it is still the same... does anyone have any tips that would help? thanks a bunch

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
how long is "forever?" i.e. how long is it taking to charge 50% or so, or all the way to 100%

and the charger for the note 2 will be slower than the OEM charger, charging it off a computer even more so. the charger for the note 2 will only provide half the power of the tablet charger, off of a computer only 1/4 the power.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Michael Phan1

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i get home from work at 8am... the battery life is about 30%... i leave it to charge all day til about 3pm... and usually it is only about 70% if im lucky

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That could be a problem with the charger that it came with then. Do you have another tablet charger you can test it with? (ipad, kindle fire, etc)

philba

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
i get home from work at 8am... the battery life is about 30%... i leave it to charge all day til about 3pm... and usually it is only about 70% if im lucky

Are you leaving the tablet on when charging? It will take longer in that case.

How many charge cycles have you been through? In the several N7s I've owned, I noticed that the first couple of charges seemed to take a really long time. However, all of them got to the point where they were charging rather quickly. 3-4 hrs for a full charge with the stock charger/cable seems reasonable. Is either the charger or tablet getting hot when it charges? If you get an alternate charger, make sure it can deliver 2 Amps. Phone chargers generally deliver 1 Amp or less and will take at least twice as long.

Also, try not to let your tablet run down to 30% every time. You will get much longer battery life if you keep it topped off. LiPos can be recharged 1000s times from 80% before wearing out but significantly fewer times from 30%.

Michael Phan1

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for those tips... ill try them all out... it hasnt been thru many cycles of charging yet... but i will try a different charger again and yea i've been turning it off to see if there is a difference... no difference though... maybe it is the charger hopefully =)

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
For those who like to follow battery charging and discharging on the N7 try Battery Graph free in Play Store.

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop