Should I Buy Now or Wait a While?

JR A

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I will eventually need a tablet. I don't direly need one at this very second, but eventually I will need one.

I've been considering the Nexus 7 because it's stock Android, and available in HSPA+, which radio connectivity is very important as I will be using this out in the field away from office wifi (and if I can avoid it, I don't want to turn my phone into a hotspot). I wouldn't mind a bigger tablet, just as long as it has radio connectivity, which the Nexus 10 does not unfortunately.

The Nexus 7 32GB HSPA+ is going for $300 on the Play Store. Should I just bite the bullet and get it now? Or, wait til the next iteration comes out and either buy the new one or buy a cheaper second-hand previous generation (depending if the new gen is actually worth it)?

Is there any news of upcoming Nexus tablets? I'm okay with waiting a month or two, as I am getting by using my Android phone, but I have been needing a bigger screen as explaining things on a small 4" screen is starting to hinder my work.

JR A

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It is going to be June, July before the next version is out because the Google I/O is at the end of May.

Well, I guess that answers my question.

I'll just bite the bullet now, and if the next gen is worth it, I'll sell and use the money to upgrade...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I guess that answers my question.

I'll just bite the bullet now, and if the next gen is worth it, I'll sell and use the money to upgrade...

i think it will be worth it. rumor says it will have thinner bezel, better processor,higher resolution and best of all KLP at release.
but you have to wait for 3 months

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke