Play Unable To Retrieve Info From Server and Gmail Crashing

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Something has gone seriously sideways with my launch 16GB N7 running stock rooted 4.2.2 with faux123's kernel, but no tweaks. I was experiencing INSANE battery drain out of nowhere with Google Services pretty much keeping the tablet awake 24/7. I'd thought I'd preventing the worst autostarts from happening with AutoStart Manager and turning off wifi and Location Services, but when I tried shutting down more receivers, I noticed that my Play Magazines widget disappeared. I tried turning back on the receivers I'd shut down and replacing the widget, but now the widget doesn't show in the list and when I try to place the Play Library widget, it simply disappears and I'm back in the Widgets corral.

Even worse, when I try to open Play store, it comes up with a gray screen with "Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01]" and a retry button. I'm connected to the web and browsers and Tapatalk work. My Nexus 4 and laptop are connecting to the same router without a hitch. On top of that, Gmail crashes instantly on launch. (I've seen this when I put CM9 on my TouchPad and it was due to Gmail sync not being checked, but this isn't the same thing.)

Here's the steps I've taken based on searching and nerd fu, more or less in order:

? Restored all AutoStart Receivers to run.
? Rebooted into TWRP and wiped cache and Dalvik and flashed the reset kernel to get it back to stock.
? Downloaded Gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip and flashed that.
? Deleted both of my Google accounts (single user, two Gmail accounts) and then went through the apps list clearing my data and cache, then force-stopping Google Account Manager, Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework and then immediately rebooting, wiping the caches and rebooting.

None of this has worked. Is there anything I'm overlooking as an alternative to nuking it? Thanks in advance.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The faux kernel has been a godsend for my Nexus 4, but something is clearly borked here.

I just tried flashing the latest beta with no joy and TiBU is claiming I'm not rooted, so I'm going to nuke it with a factory image tomorrow night. I've wasted more time trying to unscrew things than it'd take to just burn it. Most of my apps will automatically redownload and it's just a matter of recopying my books/comics.

Oh well. Thanks for the response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze