When i save pictures from web pages it used to go the the download folder in my gallery,now they dont appear there any help? Stock n7
    03-01-2013 01:00 AM
    I just downloaded a web picture to see if it worked. My picture showed up in the download folder.
    03-01-2013 02:22 AM
    Mine was. Now out of the blue it dont,tried restarting.didnt work
    03-01-2013 04:18 AM
    Which web browser are you using?

First the basics, just in case. In Chrome, you long press a photo, then choose "Save Image". You'll see the download arrow in the notification bar. Open the notification bar and tap on the download notification for that photo. Your photo will then open in the viewer of your choice. The photo should be located in the Downloads folder of the main directory.

If you are viewing the Downloads folder contents via the Nexus 7 settings (Settings > Device > Storage > Downloads > [tap on Downloads to open window]), make sure to swipe down the list to show more results. Your file might not be viewable at the top of the list.

If the image is not in the Downloads folder, then do the following. Download the photo again, open the notification bar, but do not tap the download notification. Instead, note the name of the file. Then, using your file explorer's search function, search for the file name. If you don't have a file manager app, get a free one, like ES File Explorer, from the Google Play Store.

Also, if you are using the Gallery app to view your photos, make sure you have the "Albums" view set from the drop down menu in the upper left corner.

If you're using a different web browser, then check it's manual for information regarding the download location. It may also have a setting allowing you to specify the location, and perhaps that was changed inadvertently.
    03-01-2013 02:09 PM