Managing iPod with only Nexus 7

Joseph Best

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So, for the foreseeable future the Nexus 7 and 4 will be my MAIN computing devices. I have an iPod nano and I need to know what are the best ways to transfer my music from my Nexus 7 to my nano. Any help is much appreciated!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From what I remember years ago transferring music/video from computer or other device into useable iTune/iPod, etc format is very easy using iTunes and its import feature. Its the other way around that is the nightmare is taking a formatted .mp4 (Apple/iPod, etc) formatted file and transferring it back to a useable format on a non Apple device.

Joseph Best

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
From what I remember years ago transferring music/video from computer or other device into useable iTune/iPod, etc format is very easy using iTunes and its import feature. Its the other way around that is the nightmare is taking a formatted .mp4 (Apple/iPod, etc) formatted file and transferring it back to a useable format on a non Apple device.

How can I do it? What app do I use?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Its been a few years since I touched any Apple product but my daughter uses a Nano and also has an iPhone 4. She takes whatever she has and just uses the Import feature on iTunes software which should be installed on your computer to sync and manage your Nano. This takes CD's, etc and automatically imports them to the proper mp4 file format to be used on Apple products.

Naturally first you will need to retrieve those files from your N7 onto your computer which can be done using your USB cable to transfer or WIFI if you connected wireless

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Its been a few years since I touched any Apple product but my daughter uses a Nano and also has an iPhone 4. She takes whatever she has and just uses the Import feature on iTunes software which should be installed on your computer to sync and manage your Nano. This takes CD's, etc and automatically imports them to the proper mp4 file format to be used on Apple products.

Naturally first you will need to retrieve those files from your N7 onto your computer which can be done using your USB cable to transfer or WIFI if you connected wireless

No no no the OP is saying the N7 will be his only computer, not an actual desktop computer.

However the answer to the OP question is very simple. You can't. getting music onto an iPod nano requires iTunes on a Windows or OS X computer.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If you are rooted and using stickmount you can copy the files to the Nano using an OTG cable. The only question is whether the Nano will recognize the files you have copied without iTunes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted and using stickmount you can copy the files to the Nano using an OTG cable. The only question is whether the Nano will recognize the files you have copied without iTunes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

it's been a long time since I used an iPod but I'm pretty sure that the iPod won't recognize any music files that aren't moved via iTunes.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
If it is a first gen nano, then you could install Rockbox on it, then you'll be able to copy music to and from it using your Nexus 7 and stickmount. If it is a newer model then you are probably out of luck.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You could just export the music from itunes or there used too be a create CD option. You can always rip the created CDs using windows media player to mp3s.

I will look at iTunes this evening to give you an answer that will work easier than above. I know it's not hard, i just haven't done it in a while.

You should be able to go to the iTunes folder on the PC and a majority of the music should be readily available to drag to your phone and/or tablet too.

Is most of your music purchased through itunes or imported from mp3s?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

You're still missing what the OP is asking. He wants to use his N7 and N4 to transfer music to an iPod nano. No Windows/OS X computer in the equation at all.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You are correct, I rushed my reading. Sounds opposite of what I had expected. Carry two other devices capable of the same thing. To each their own.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX