Nexus7 seems to stall

Bryan H

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how I could determine what is causing my nexus to stall.... Screen dims slightly and whatever app I'm in in no longer responsive - like it's not the focal app anymore. I can regain focus & control by hitting the back button I'm guessing it's an app but which one. It has to be a background app as it happens even when I have only one app running. It's starting to bug me but I can't figure out anyway to determine what is causing the problem other than brute force reset / restore to factory and then add apps back one at a time.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
There are many utility/diagnostic apps the tell you what your apps are doing, which is using the most resources, etc. Try SystemPanel and OS Monitor, but there are quite a few. Don't know if they'll be if any help, but it's worth a try.

Bryan H

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've looked at those kind of apps but the problem is that I still need to wake the Nexus up (hit back button) to get into the utility to see what's running.... Which means that whatever caused the stall is no longer causing the problem. There's a good chance that the culprit app is still running (but I'm not 100% sure - because I had to hit the back button and it may have exited). And even if it is still running and in the list; the list is still fairly long with background services which has me back at the brute force elimination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol