Chrome blurry

Scott Greenstone

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Ever since latest update of chrome, not beta, the everything in the browser is not as crisp as it used to be. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed it too. It's fairly subtle, not enough to bother me. But I can see how it might bug others.

SithLord0498

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
It was the very first thing I noticed too. Almost like it's a different font with "faux bold" applied to it. Very annoying.

I've also been experiencing a noticeable lag (sluggishness) in Chrome's performance since the update. It's not quite as bad now but still there. :(

jamiethemorris

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
This happened to both me and my roommate. It appears it only happens with the tablet ui for chrome. I prefer the phone version anyway so I didn't even notice it at first.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
This is why I haven't updated it yet, based on similar comments in the Google Play Store. Sure wish I could hide specific updates from the list so that I could do an "update all apps" function, instead of one at a time, to avoid updating apps I don't want updated yet. Had to do one at a time updates for almost two months while waiting for Skype to fix their landscape-only debacle that started with their November update. Now I'm at it again, waiting for Chrome and Words with Friends to fix various issues. Or maybe I'm just being too picky!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I gotta say that Chrome has never been any more impressive than the stock Android Browser that came with my RAZR Maxx or my Asus TF300. I've actually disabled Chrome on my Maxx because it's so huge and not any faster. The only reason I haven't done so yet on my TF300 is that they messed up the JB update and took away the ability of the stock Browser to sync bookmarks with Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87