View PC Files in Nexus 7

bamashooter

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. I have tried a couple of freebies and purchased two apps (Unified Remote Full & WiFi File Transfer Full). My fault due to ignorance. I simply want to WiFi access my PC and view those files with my Nexus 7 (and copy). Does an app exists that allows me to view my PC files in my tablet? Thank you.

lucky sevens

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't think there are any options for you, you can do this...>>>How to Transfer Files to Your Nexus 7 - For Dummies .....
but that probably won't help you out with what your trying to accomplish if I understand your post correctly. The N7 is pretty limited in this area. You could also get one of these >>> Amazon.com: IVSO Nexus 7 Tablet Micro USB Host OTG Cable - Micro USB B/Male to USB2.0 A/Female OTG Host Cable for Nexus 7 (Black): Computers & Accessories ....a thumb drive and an app called Nexus Media Importer in the Play Store. Then you could transfer your files to the thumb drive and view them via the N7. This is again not exactly what you want....

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually, you have a few options. To simply see folders and files on your PC (similar to Windows Explorer), and to transfer between the N7 and PC, as well as open some multimedia files directly from the PC for viewing on your N7, use a file manager with LAN capability. I use ES File Explorer (free) and Solid Explorer (nicer interface, but costs a few dollars). Of course, you have to set up proper permissions on your PC to allow access, something you may have done already if you have multiple computers on your network.

Another option is a remote desktop application. This let's you see and operate your computer directly from the N7, even outside of your local network. This includes the ability to transfer files between your computer and the N7. Setup is a little more complex with these apps, and they cost more money than most apps, though free ones exist with certain limitations. I used one called Remote Desktop Client that worked very well, but couldn't justify the $14.95 price tag for the limited amount of time I would use it.

bamashooter

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank ya'll both for your replies. I especially like the Remote Desktop Client option. I still have some app mad money left so that might be the way if I find it doable with my limited skill level. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar