Notification Alert Not Working on Some

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
For some reason not all apps make the notification noise. Gmail app makes a noise when I get mail. But some apps like facebook and twitter only show icon on notification but no sound. I've checked speakers and they aren't broken. I'm not sure what's wrong here. Anyone have a solution?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
For some reason not all apps make the notification noise. Gmail app makes a noise when I get mail. But some apps like facebook and twitter only show icon on notification but no sound. I've checked speakers and they aren't broken. I'm not sure what's wrong here. Anyone have a solution?

Have you gone into the settings for those applications and double-checked that "play notification sound" is enabled? I'm fairly sure that some apps' default settings are notifications on, notification sounds off.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Some apps let you choose a notification sound other than the default system notification sound. Check the settings for those problem apps to if that is the case. If so, verify that a sound has been chosen.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Some apps let you choose a notification sound other than the default system notification sound. Check the settings for those problem apps to if that is the case. If so, verify that a sound has been chosen.

Everything is set. but for some reason it's not working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463