Changing the language from Russian to English

Arezed

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm brand new to the tablet world. Somehow or other my Nexus 7 got into a language mode that I think is Russian. The guide book that I printed out doesn't explain how to change languages - it only talks about initial setup.

Can anyone direct me to someplace with detailed instructions on changing back to English without being able to read what the screen says now?

The line that starts with a black "A" in a white box reads "Jexik i ulaz", and when I touch it I get a screen that is obviously language related because it has one line in Chinese characters, and a line that says "Zadano Engleski (SAD) - Androidova tipcovnica" .

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
That's not Russian, as Russian uses Cyrillic letters. Anyway, you're on the right track. Indeed, you're in the language settings after you tap the A icon in the white box that you see in the main settings menu. From there, tap the top option, just below the heading. That's the language selection menu. From there just choose English. Which one is it? Well, it will be the one that says English! Each language is written with its native alphabet and spelling. By the way, that looks like a Slavic or eastern European language, or maybe Antarctican. I was never very good at languages.